Job description / Role
Over the past 100 years, IBMers all over the globe have helped make the world work better and smarter. In this new era of Cognitive Business, IBM is helping to reshape industries by bringing together our expertise in Cloud, Analytics, Security, Mobile, and the Internet of Things: Changing how we create, collaborate, analyze and engage. From transforming healthcare to improving the retail shopping experience - it's what IBMers do. Join us and be part of a diverse and global team of thinkers and doers and make an impact.
The LinuxONE Sales New Business Hunter will manage all sales activities within a defined territory. This challenging and high-visibility position will be responsible for driving new business into new accounts for LinuxONE. The candidate must be extremely results driven, customer focused, technologically savvy, and skilled at building client relationships from scratch in new-to-IBM clients.
Having broad expertise in new business territory management, this individual uses their skills to achieve quota in creative and effective ways. The New Business Hunter will be responsible for a specific geographical territory and will be tasked with building a territory plan to define suitable new business targets. The ideal candidate will use innovative and creative ways to gain access to senior leaders within the identified accounts. This individual will leverage Business Partners, CSI's, and ISV's to build creative new solutions to address client requirements.
This individual will be tasked with identifying key decision makers in non-installed base accounts. The role will involve talking to new clients who may also be new to IBM. The LinuxONE Sales hunter will have a strong focus on cold calling, profiling and identifying clients using tools such as LinkedIn Premium.
This individual effectively works with, and co-sells with Business Partners to effectively manage a territory. Limited management supervision and direction will be provided since the candidate will be expected to operate and drives results independently.
The ideal candidate is able to demonstrate subject matter expertise in Cloud Computing, x86 server architecture solutions and Open Source Software. This individual is able to build and lead ad-hoc cross functional teams and be seen as the overall lead for the the sales engagement.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills, proven ability to convey information clearly and provide analysis to help customers make buying decisions.
- Ability to work collaboratively with Business Partners, ISV's, CSI's and MSP's
- Aptitude for understanding how technology products and solutions solve business problems, especially Linux and Open Source technology.
- Ability to operate at all levels within a client from both technical to CxO level decision makers
- Proficiency in using LinkedIn Premium to profile, identify and engage new clients is a pre-requisite.
- Lead territory strategy in generating and developing business growth opportunities, working collaboratively with Inside Sales Representatives, Customer Engineers, and IBM Business Partners.
- Drive business development, and achieve strategic goals by leading customers through the entire sales cycle.
- Strong discipline on pipeline management and metrics, ability to forecast accurately is a pre-requisite
- Explore and understand complex requirements on both a business and technical level
- Manage multiple opportunities through the entire cycle simultaneously, working with cross-functional teams as necessary, and serve as the primary customer contact for all LinuxONE related activities.
- Proven ability to navigate through a matrix management internal structure and build teams to achieve the desired result
- 5-years minimum in IT sales for a major vendor
- Prior Experience: Having gone through a graduate scheme, progressed into field sales and now has 3-5 years of quota attainment.
- Education: College Educated ideally in Economics, Business, Accountancy or Computer Science fields of study
- Words this person would use to describe themselves include: Innovative, hard working, dynamic, driven, focused, collaborative, results orientated, hard charging and success focused.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
- Preferred Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Commissionable: Yes
Key Job Details
- Country: AE
- State: DUBAI
- City: DUBAI
- Category: Sales
- Required Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Position Type: Professional
- Employment Type: Full-Time
- Contract Type: Regular
- Location: DUBAI, DUBAI AE
About the Company
For more than six decades, IBM Middle East & Pakistan has played a vital role in shaping the information technology landscape of the region. Today, IBM is part of the region's technological fabric, solving real-world business and societal challenges, through its offices in UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar, Kuwait and Pakistan, and also a diversity of centers across the region.
Within the region, IBM currently has groundbreaking initiatives in cloud computing, analytics, mobile, security, as well as nanotechnology, eGovernment, healthcare and many more, collaborating with leading educational institutes and governments. IBM supports hundreds of clients to drive transformation through technology, contributes to regional research & development programs and has an active Corporate Service Corps (CSC) program.
Reinvention is a keyword in the company's history and, today, IBM is much more than a "hardware, software, services" company. IBM is now emerging as a cognitive solutions and cloud platform company.