Job description / Role
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
The Salesforce Developer will be responsible for building and customizing new functionality on the Salesforce.com platform. You must have extensive hands-on Salesforce development experience and will be responsible for configuration, development, unit testing, and deployment of capabilities and functionality. You also have excellent technical and functional skills to deliver a seamless client interaction while effectively working with cross-functional teams to meet business needs. You will collaborate with CRM, IT and Business Operations team to analyze business requirements and transform them into a technical solution. The ability to be flexible and proactive to facilitate a quick response to changing project requirements, customer objectives, and meeting global goals successfully will be necessary.
What you'll be doing:
- Translate business requirements into well architected solutions that best leverage the SF platform and products through configuration whenever possible.
- Design, prototype, build, document and support solutions for the SFDC CRM to meet business needs, including customizations and integrations.
- Design and develop Visualforce/Lightning component level solutions to increase programming productivity.
- Create and maintain detailed technical documentation for design specifications.
- Provide system administration support of customized Salesforce applications, user permissions, security settings, custom objects, and workflow.
- Support and enhance web services/API integrations including XML, SOAP, REST, and JSON
- Assist in data migration using Apex Data Loader
What you'll need to succeed:
- Deep understanding of the Salesforce product suite are required, Communities and AppExchange Solutions preferred
- Strong knowledge of Object Oriented Analysis and Design, database design and software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of advanced Apex programming concepts including core design patterns, limits and bulk patterns, efficient and reliable trigger handling, asynchronous operations and effective unit testing
- Knowledge of integrations, 3rd party integration tools, XPLENTY would be preferred
- Experience with building integration with Salesforce.com leveraging Web Services development or experience with the Salesforce API (REST/SOAP/MetaData, etc.).
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to work cross-functionally in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment either on a team or as an individual contributor
- Comfortable with modern software development lifecycle best practices including iterative and incremental development, delivering working software frequently with attention to technical excellence
- Strong customer focus with a high tolerance for ambiguity and requirement changes
- Strong problem-solving mindset to ensure creative thinking for potential solutions
- Demonstrate technical thought leadership
- Strong written and verbal communication
Education and Certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a related field
- SFDC Admin and Developer certification required
- Extensive experience working on the Salesforce platform
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.