Job description / Role
At L’Oréal Professional Products Division (PPD), our 10 world-renowned brands create products for the finest salons. We are privileged to partner with hair care professionals worldwide, and we provide them with the latest innovation, newest technologies, and best education to deliver outstanding professional service to discerning consumers.
Now we are looking for an ambitious and entrepreneurial salon emotion & retail design manager, to help our partner clients develop their sell-out and create a seamless consumer journey in their salons by managing multibrand Merchandising, development of Salon Emotion and business retail tools.
This role reports to the Commercial Director. It involves rolling out of Salon Emotion which is a retail experience enhancement and business boosting program on your designated area. This can be done by Upskilling clients through Business Education of client.
We know our industry is changing at an unprecedented pace. That’s why we’re driving a global program of smart transformation. But we’re not asking you to run with what’s already in place. We’re asking you to surprise us with your imagination, enthusiasm, and dynamism. We’re already preparing for the future. With you, we can accelerate that.
Be in in charge of Regional Multibrand Merchandising and development of Salon Emotion, a tailor-made salon enhancement program to support the development of the consumer service and retail experience in salon.
You will support Business Partners in developing new clients’ partnerships, developing Retail growth and Salon Emotion Program roll-out.
Define and create the brands’ retail design & merchandising image at the point of sales (POS) and elaborate the strategy to implement this image, within brand guidelines.
Design multi-brand merchandising Fit-out, create and manage special concepts while adapting these concepts to merchandising tools and business objectives.
Work on the conceptualization and development of the salon Emotion touchpoints by defining guidelines on the Salon Emotion concept. Create content for Salon Emotion Developers to support salons with Salon Emotion (shopping list, factsheets.) and for salons (videos, tutos…).
Drive the roll-out and massification of the project while defining and tracking KPIs of the project and for Salon Emotion Developers.
Support national accounts by creating tailored plans and concepts.
Your personality and determination will keep clients confident that you’re in it for the long run. You have the service attitude that helps build trust with clients.
Cooperation is key! Upskilling and coaching Salon Emotion Developers, in coordination with First Level Sales Managers and guaranteeing internal integration of the project in all brand plans will get you there!
• Entrepreneurial. Every single day, you spot opportunities to shake things up and change the world for the better.
• Super creative. There’s no blueprint for the future. You’ll have to design it.
• Adventurous. PPD is for pioneers. So you’ll embrace challenges and change with fire in your belly and a great big smile on your face.
• Only human. You’ll screw up sometimes, but you have no fear of failure because you’re smart enough to learn from mistakes.
• Ambitious. You crave success and we’ll support you all the way. That way, we all win.
• Respectful. Whether you’re talking to our CEO or a salon owner round the block, you treat everyone the same.
• One of the gang. Even if you’re Superman or Wonder Woman, you recognize that teams are the real heroes. And so do we.
• Responsible. You’ll treat our customers, our consumers, and our money as if they’re your own. Because they are.
• Open. To new ways of doing things. To other people’s (sometimes crazy) ideas.
• You. You’re real. And you’re true to yourself. We cherish and celebrate diversity, so you’ll feel right at home whoever you are.
• 3-4 years’ experience business development or retail consumer journey
• A degree in interior design or equivalent
• 3-4 years’ experience in Retail Design and consumer experience
• Knowledge in design softwares (sketch-up, photoshop, AutoCad)
• Strong business skills (identification of growth levers, P&L…)
• Experience in consumer journey, retail trends and merchandizing
• Experience in dealing with suppliers for POSM and retail merchandizing execution: Managing external suppliers: designers, production teams…
• Knowledge of PPD’s brands and their value proposition
• Excellent analytical skills
• Experience in management, collaboration and teamwork
About the Company
For more than a century, we have devoted our energy and our competencies solely to one business: beauty. We have chosen to offer our expertise in the service of women and men worldwide, meeting the infinite diversity of their beauty desires. We are committed to fulfilling this mission ethically and responsibly.