Job description / Role
Application Administrator will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical application administration and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, application administration, or systems engineering and analysis.
• Ensure the timely provision of data and reports to “Applications Administration Manager”, recommend application technical operational improvements to support planning, vision and decision making to have continuous improvement of IT infrastructure services.
• Manage and administer application technical support and maintenance, develop and review related SOP’s to ensure that application controls, policies, and procedures are operating effectively.
• Provide immediate fix whenever application incidents are identified or reported.
• Contribute to the development of appropriate IT security policies, processes, systems, standards, procedures and internal controls related to application servers in line with the corporate IT Security framework.
• Identify and assess security risks and assist in implementing measures to manage and mitigate all identified risks and audit findings related to application servers.
• Involvement in any new project implementation during project lifecycle (Dev, QC, UAT, Production).
• Proactively monitor the delivery of application services according to approved policies and procedures, user requests, SLA’s, and maintenance schedules with minimum downtime.
• Apply latest application Security patches and bug fixes as soon as released by vendor.
• Deploy new application release and packages
• Ensure that all applications implementations that we support are secure, reliable, cost effective and fit for purpose.
• Develop and maintain application documentation that we support.
• Work closely with suppliers and 3rd parties to ensure technical application support industry best practices followed to deliver application efficiently and effectively.
• Maintain application inventory for production, QC, DEV, UAT systems.
• Any special assignment from line manager or IT senior management.
• Degree: Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Business field or equivalent
• Having related professional Industry certifications will be a plus as well as project management certifications such as PRINCE II, PMP, etc.
• Preferred professional certifications: ITIL
• Solid understanding of technical application support and application security concept and requirements
• Working knowledge of windows AD, DNS, HTTP/s, SSH, LDAP, DHCP, etc.
• Strong understanding of TCP/IP, FW, networking protocols and security concepts.
• 8+ years of IT infrastructure experience with a focus on application technical support and application security concept.
• Strong knowledge and experience in application design, deployment, backup, recovery and management experience is highly desirable
• Proven experience with application capacity planning, security principles, and applications management best practices
• Strong knowledge and experience in IT infrastructure concepts, frameworks and standards
• Strong knowledge and experience in application performance management and tuning, security hardening and availability
• Strong knowledge and experience in application installations, upgrades, high availability, in existing and new environment.
• Proven experience with Application products from Oracle, SAP , IBM , Microsoft and others
• Work effectively under occasional high stress 24x7 on call conditions.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills
• Strong experience in automation tools related to application management
About the Company
Emirates National Oil Company Group (ENOC) is a leading integrated global oil and gas player operating across the energy sector value chain. A wholly owned company of the Government of Dubai, ENOC Group offers a diverse portfolio of assets operating across five business segments: Supply, Trading and Processing, Terminals, Marketing, Retail and Exploration and Production. Servicing thousands of customers across 60 markets, the Group employs a workforce of over 9,000 employees and is deploying its world-class customer service, latest innovations and technologies and best practices towards the UAE’s social and economic development.