Job description / Role
• School Principal (or Manager – School Operations and Support Services)
• To provide an effective people-related support function to the school, and to be the key point of contact for new, current, and exiting staff in relation to all employment matters.
• To continuously strive to exceed internal & external customer expectations, while embracing the Aldar Education Core Values.
• To embody the values, vision and ethos of Aldar Education and assist the Principal in implementing process and policy which will ensure high quality and
• Be the primary point of contact for all school staff on HR queries, including contracts, terms and conditions, payroll, housing, HR policies and entitlements
• Support SLT in the effective attraction and recruitment of school based staff
• Manage the onboarding process for all incoming staff, including pre-employment communication to ensure new starters are aware of the requirements for their role and for working and living in the UAE
• Coordinate and manage employee exit processes, liaising with the Operations teams
Talent Acquisition & Onboarding:
• Utilize Taleo (or other ATS) to advertise and manage vacancies and candidate lifecycles
• Advertising, screening, shortlisting, interview management and candidate tracking for all school staff in support of the Heads of School
• Conduct pre-employment safer recruitment checks for all staff, including references and suitability/police clearances and ensuring appropriate follow-up based on each case
• Coordinate new starter induction in school, and ensure communication takes place pre-employment
• Manage the onboarding of school-based staff, liaising with IT for relevant systems / email set-up and processing staff ID cards
• Coordinate ADEK pass applications and processing for new staff, ensuring clarity of timelines and providing guidance and support where required
• Coordinate the visa and work permit applications and processing for new staff, ensuring they are aware of their requirements, in line with group-wide guidance and in collaboration with the HQ HR & Public Relations teams
• Ensure the school’s recruitment activity is in line with the staffing headcount, with the Schools Ops Manager and HQ HR
• Create and issue offer letters, contracts, contract renewals and associated documentation in line with the group wide terms and conditions and policies
• Coordinate the school’s probationary processes in accordance with group-wide policies and processes
• Coordinate performance review and appraisal cycles in accordance with group-wide policies and processes to support the SLT in achieving a high performance culture
• Track and provide reports to HQ HR on all key performance cases
• Professional development – monitor, book and track PD for school staff and provide reports as requested by the SLT, School Ops Manager and HQ HR
• Health Insurance applications, renewals, cancellations and associated management for all school staff in coordination with HQ Public Relations team
• Management and reporting of staff time and attendance, including managing the time and attendance systems
• Responsible for issuing NOCs and other relevant staff letters (e.g. Bank, Government, Immigration, experience letters etc.)
• Keep the School’s organization chart up to date and ensure that HQ are aware of any changes
• HR KPIs - collate people metrics based on the Aldar Education HR KPI requirements and provide reports on a monthly and ad-hoc basis, including but not limited to absence, turnover, PD, recruitment activity, disciplinary and performance management cases, compliance rates (visas and ADEK pass etc)
• Process exiting staff as leavers and ensure all associated exit procedures are completed, including liaison with HQ payroll for the calculations of full and final settlements, and associated housing closeout procedures
• Maintain up to date confidential employment records and staff files on site at school
• Maintaining HR systems and ensuring they accurately reflect the staffing within the school
• Participate in group-wide HR meetings in order to share knowledge, best practice and to ensure consistency within group standards
• Support the SLT with investigations and disciplinary management of staff, ensuring accurate records of cases are kept within confidential employment files
• Provide advice, counsel and guidance to employees on relevant issues and escalate to SLT or HQ HR where required
• Provide support to SLT in managing informal ER cases in accordance with group-wide policies and standards
• Any other duties as reasonably expected
• Minimum diploma / degree of higher education; or
• Related industry qualification, of graduate level, for the assigned functional area(s).
• Recognized HR Qualification and/or professional subscription (e.g. CIPD) desirable
• Minimum 2 years in HR or Recruitment in any industry; or
• 1 year in Generalist HR within a service related industry
Job Specific knowledge and skills:
• Sound working knowledge of UAE Labour Law.
• Competent using IT systems, including Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook.
• Strong organizational and prioritization skills.
• Experience liaising with government bodies in the UAE as well as a working knowledge of HAAD and Immigration requirements and processes.
• Fluent English communication skills, written and oral (Arabic proficiency is desirable)
• Attention to detail with diligent follow up, and able to execute in a timely manner.
• Skilled in multi-tasking and handling pressure.
• Organizational ability, of self and others.
• Forethought and forward planning (particularly as this relates to local Government compliance matters).
• Capable of influencing people and talented in networking with cultural sensitivity.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
Candidates who can join immediately are highly preferred.
About the Company
Aldar Academies, a division of Aldar Properties PJSC, is a leading provider of private education in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi. We provide inspiring learning environments, combining the very best academic, arts and sporting facilities with the highest standards of teaching. From a single school with 250 students in 2007, Aldar Academies now operates six schools in Abu Dhabi and Al Ain with over 4700 students. With over 700 employees we have planned projects to grow our current schools and build new ones to increase our student capacity to over 14,000 in the next 4-5 years. All our schools are rated Band A by the Abu Dhabi Education Council.
All Aldar Academies schools offer a British curriculum, which has been adapted to the needs of students in the UAE, ensuring that all our students have access to an international education in a stimulating, multi-cultural setting where academic achievement is nurtured alongside personal development. Operating as integral parts of the communities to which they belong, each of our six primary and secondary schools allows students to find and pursue their passions and prepare them for a future of success.
Aldar Academies schools are, at pre-school and primary level, The Pearl, Al Mushrif and Al Muna; serving both pre-school, primary and secondary age students are Al Ain International School and Al Yasmina, which operates from FS1 to Year 13. Al Bateen Secondary School serves the needs of secondary school students in the heart of Abu Dhabi and offers the IB Diploma Programme in Years 12 and 13.
HR / Recruitment Administrator
|Abu Dhabi||5 May|
Black & Grey HR
Irwin & Dow
Swisslinx Middle East
Office / HR Administrator
A Leading Pharmaceuticals Company In The UAE