Job description / Role
- Promote and model the Code of Conduct and GEMS Core Values
- Undertake other professional duties as reasonably delegated by Line Manager (LM) such as teaching, recruitment, cover, after-school duty, ASP, MOE formalities, covering for LM when absent, inspection preparation, SEF, SDP, etc.
- Promote the school positively with the community and GEMS while maintaining complete confidentiality
- Respect local culture, customs, and laws
- Meet deadlines as requested by LM
- Contribute to the development of teaching and learning, focusing on pedagogy, standards, and progress
- Ensure academic excellence in internal and external assessments as appropriate.
- Contribute to the professional development program to ensure high-quality learning and teaching
- Promote the school to all stakeholders and the wider community.
- Follow, support, and help to develop all of the School's aims, vision, improvement plans, policies, and practices.
The successful applicant will have the following:
- A certified teaching qualification, such as B.Ed, PGCE, PGDE or equivalent
- A specific qualification relating to the teaching of Science(Bachelor of Science - Chemistry/ Physics/ Biology)
- The desire to provide Outstanding teaching and learning
- Aspiration to work in a world-class school with real prospects for enhancing their career
- At least 2 years of post-qualifying experience
About Your Benefits
GEMS will offer a competitive, tax-free remuneration package to a suitably qualified candidate.
About the Company
GEMS Education is a pioneering education company with an international network of award winning K-12 schools. Over the past 55 years GEMS has grown from one school to being a truly global company with one incredible mission â€“ to make quality education available to every student. Over 20,000 education professionals unlock the potential of over 250,000 students across 14 countries each and every day, preparing children of all ages for real world success.