Job description / Role
• Provides comprehensive secretarial, documentation and database support and handles the day-to-day office requirements of the Department/Division/Section in an efficient and prompt manner.
• Coordinates and supports the internal and external interfaces of the Departments/Division/Section and schedules/follows up on appointments, meetings and other events.
• Demonstrates proficiency in using PC, fax/photocopy machine and other office equipment.
• Ensures confidentiality of information handled.
1. Drafts routine memos following guidelines from superior. Types letters, minutes of meetings and other correspondences, as required.
2. Receives,records and files incoming documents, mail and other communications addressed to staff of Department/Division/Section. Records and dispatches office documents as per approved office procedures and practices.
3. Schedules,records and monitors appointments, meetings and other events as required by superior or Department staff.
4. Answers,screens and transfers telephone calls to the concerned staff.
5. Screens,receives and assists visitors/guests of Department/Division/Section.
6. Takes stenographic notes and transcribes them, as required.
7. Interfaces effectively with concerned Admin Section to arrange local and international trips of superior or staff.
8. Records,monitors and reports on staff leave and absences in coordination with HR Department.
9. Ensures confidentiality of office files, records, documents and databases handled.
10. Requests for office supplies following approved office procedures and practices.
11. Follows up on routine and/or special reports as well as other activities, as required.
12. Demonstrates proficiency in using PC, fax, photocopy machine and other office equipment to support documentation requirements of managers and staff in assigned Department/Division/Section.
13. Performs any other related duties as required.
• Completion of Secondary School Certificate / Diploma / Bachelors Degree preferred based on reporting level.
• 3-5 years of experience in the same field
• Arabic Speaker Preferred
About the Company
Etisalat has been the telecommunications service provider in the UAE since 1976, and has built up a modern telecom infrastructure and established itself as an innovative and reliable operator.
Etisalat stands 140th among the Financial Times Top 500 Corporations in the world in terms of market capitalization, and is ranked by The Middle East magazine as the 6th largest company in the Middle East in terms of capitalization and revenues. The Corporation is the largest contributor outside the oil sector to development programmes of the UAE Federal Government, and is an award-winning socially responsible corporation. Etisalat has also won accolades from across the region for its nationalization programme.
Alpha Group (Alpha Flight Services UAE)
Petrochem Middle East
Administrative Assistant - Sales