Job description / Role
- The Senior Accountant will work as a support officer to Budgeting and Reporting Manager.
- Main focus is to compile the monthly management accounts for MEA region, and assist the accounting team with month end work.
- Assisting in budgeting, planning & reporting for all GCC entities.
- Assisting with the company's monthly reporting activities. Ensuring month end journals / accruals are posted in a timely and accurate manner.
- Working on MIS and management reporting, cash forecasts, quarterly forecasts and business plan.
- Ensuring timely completion of assigned work for onward review of Managers.
- Working with a variety of internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accountancy or related discipline.
- Chartered Accountant.
- At least 5 years of accounting experience, preferably in an engineering consulting firm.
- Preferably with work experience in GCC.
- Proficient with standard accounting techniques and principles, and has a thorough understanding of all accounting rules and regulations pertaining to assigned area of responsibility
- Well versed with US GAAP and IFRS.
- Good Microsoft Office skills.
- Can work with minimal to no supervision.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.