Job description / Role
A DIFC-based asset management firm is looking to hire an experienced accounting executive to lead all finance and accounting functions at the Firm. This is an entrepreneurial role for an individual who is experienced in accounting and looking to expand their knowledge and career path into finance and investment.
- Responsibility for leading the accounting, finance, and control systems at the Firm
- Maintaining the accounts of the Firm and managing the finance function (bank accounts, payments, etc) on ongoing basis
- Managing the internal and external audit processes conducted by third-parties
- Participating in the management of the compliance and AML processes of the Firm
- Liaising with the regulator regarding audit and compliance matters
- For a candidate with the right experience and ambition, the opportunity exists to expand the role to include certain investment management functions
- Opportunity for an outstanding candidate to expand responsibilities to include participation in investment-making and post-acquisition investment management
- University degree in accounting or professional qualifications in accounting
- Minimum of 6 years of accounting or audit experience
- Excellent academic record
- Excellent English-language spoken and written communication skills
- High level of maturity, well-developed teamwork skills, and ability to work independently with limited guidance
About the Company
A leading investment management company in UAE.