Job description / Role
• Understanding of weekly trading, including commentary and analysis of performance and variances to budget/forecast/prior year.
• Cash flow forecasting, annual budget, and detailed minimum 3 month rolling view.
• Manage Sales ledger ensuring invoice issued are accurate, and collection of due debts.
• Agree supplier payments required, authorise on the bank.
• Authorised signatory with the bank, and primary bank contact.
• Produce/submit VAT return.
• Verify and maintain fixed asset register, including physical verification of company assets
• Monthly payroll verification.
• Ongoing review and update of best practice cash handling at all operational locations.
• Assist with stock checks/control, goods receipts against orders, and usage forecasts.
• Assist with local operational requirements, such as insurance completeness, workers compensation policies, visa applications, business licence.
• Preparation of statutory accounts where applicable, liaising with local accountants in each country, answering queries, providing full information for accounts to submit.
• Oversee tasks carried out by Dubai Finance Admin
• Any ad hoc queries relating to Middle East, and frequent liaison with local management and UK finance team.
• Cover for Dubai Finance admin when absent.
• Introduction of Purchase Order system with auditable trail
• Requirement to visit other GCC countries especially Saudi Arabia
• Review of present Finance/accounting practices/processes with recommendations on best practice to be used
• Review of the present Warehouse operation and stock reconciliation against best practice
• Review of our present supplier base & compare against market rates to ensure we have the best value
• Review of all Financial spreadsheets sent to the Dubai office
• To develop strong relationships with the Finance Team’s at our client locations
• Regular visits to the Warehouse facility and site locations to oversee stock & cash operations
• Review of the annual cost budget for Dubai & KSA for savings to be made
• Some weekend and holiday work along with evening work will be required
• Internationally recognised accounting qualification
• Minimum of 5 years of accounting experience working in Dubai &/or the Middle East
• Experience of dealing with Government departments
• Operations understanding
• Experience of being part of a Management Team
• Experience of a management role
• Experience of working for a multinational company in a finance/accounting capacity
• Tenacious with good time management
• Knowledge of UAE & General Financial Regulations
• Ability to prioritise workload
• Strong IT skills (MS Office)
• Excel/spreadsheet professional
• Management Skills
• Strong Numeracy Skills
• Good trainer able to develop team members
About the Company
BAC Middle East - the longest established professional recruitment consultancy in the UAE. Established in 1979, we have been at the forefront of the region's recruitment industry for 30 years and were the first firm of our type in the world to achieve ISO9001 certification: a reflection of our constant emphasis on quality and customer satisfaction.
With our well-developed infrastructure and staff strength, we are able to assist you with recruitment needs ranging from junior professionals through to middle and senior management, whatever your industry sector.
BAC's proven regional experience and resources can help ensure that you recruit the best available candidates and enjoy the many advantages of a managed recruitment process.