Job description / Role
Based in Abu Dhabi, this role of Senior Accountant will be a hands-on position in a small team, responsible for ensuring that all daily transactions are transacted and recorded in a timely fashion in line with financial controls, preparing transaction documentation and recording it within the system. Also ensure that the accounting system is up to date and that daily and monthly reconciliations and checks have taken place. ORACLE EXPERIENCE REQUIRED.
Reporting to: Finance Manager
Invoices and Payments:
• Initial the payment process;
• Update invoice tracker on daily basis;
• Liaise with suppliers for the invoices, queries, outstanding payments and follow up on any discrepancies;
• Liaise with bank to request the payment/receipt the bank advice/swifts and monitor the payment and transactions.
Accounting/Month-end running in Oracle ERP system:
• Daily bookkeeping including supplier invoices, customer invoices, credit and debit notes inputting;
• Settling and running payment/receipts in ERP;
• Maintain suppliers and customers ERP system codes creation and closure;
• Monthly Bank reconciliations;
• Monthly foreign currency account revaluations;
• Monthly FD interest accrued calculations and bank interests Journal posting;
• Monthly intercompany expense recharge reconciliation;
• Monthly Venture debt interest/fee income calculation and reconciliation;
• Maintain and update Fixed Asset Log and run depreciation;
• Monthly accounts receivable and payable reconciliation;
• Monitor and maintain bank account balances and assist the Payment Manager;
• Update monthly Cash position Schedule;
• Monitor Fixed Deposit maturing and related principle/interests refunding;
• Creating all related internal and external payment forms; Requesting payment approvals from senior management if needed;
• Petty Cash account monthly reconciliation
• Arranging to send required banking instruction letters to the bank office;
• Filling all invoices and payments related internal documents;
AED 13,000 to 15,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Dynamic, personable individual who is keen to get involved.
• Good time management skills and used to working to tight deadlines
• Demonstrated work experience of at least 2-3 years in the industry as accountant in a similar role
• In depth experience and knowledge of ORACLE ERP system
• Excellent written and spoken English.
• University degree in mathematics, finance, accounting, business administration or in another relevant field;
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize and analyze significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy;
• Holder of a Professional accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CMA/CPA) or working towards one
About the Company
Inspire Selection is an award winning recruitment agency, headquartered in Dubai which recruits across the Middle East region. We employ highly knowledgeable, professional consultants who are experts in connecting the right people with the right opportunities. Our reputation has been built upon our honesty, integrity and our ability to source candidates of the highest calibre right across our specialist sectors. As a result, we are recruitment partners to a wide spectrum of organisations - from leading blue chip companies to smaller, local businesses. Sectors we cover include HR, Administration, Finance & Accounting, Legal, Sales & Marketing including Digital Marketing, IT, Oil/Gas/Energy, Engineering, Procurement, Manufacturing, Higher Education.
Sun Global DMCC
TGC Middle East
Middle East Executive
Alpha Projects & Logistics DMCC
Accountant (Chartered Accountant)