Job description / Role
The role of Senior Administrator/ Database Services functions within the Information Technology team. Based out of Abu Dhabi, It functions to Operates and maintains all Etisalat databases and middleware. Manages databases and optimizes database configuration to ensure the best possible performance.
Ensures optimal DB design in new developments. Tracks and manages access to the DBs contents. Ensures backup policies are in place, and guarantees restores in the minimum possible time, for all the environments (production, preproduction and development, as well as proof-of-concept environments). Participates in the definition of Etisalat Database policies and standards and ensures they are enforced.
In detail, main responsibilities would include:
• Operates and maintains all Etisalat databases and middleware ensuring high availability and performance
• Manages the design, implementation, maintenance and technical support of high availability database systems ensuring full availability of on-line and archived data for all authorized users
• Sets-up and implements database security procedures ensuring database login security, full recoverability of data and compliance with Etisalat corporate IT security standards/ processes/ procedures
• Manages database performance and conducts modifications in coordination with Operations Planning – Configuration & Change Management
• Enables data storage and backup procedures (by Backend Operations) and ensures data security and availability of recovery procedures at any time
• Monitors database’s capacity and available resources and reports to the Capacity Planning, in coordination with Technical Administration - Storage Administration
• Creates new user accounts and deletes existing accounts if and when required. Monitors user access rights and identifies unauthorized access to the system
• Supports application deployment by providing login data
• Supports database development by coordinating with IT Development
• Ensures obtaining solutions to help the team to be more productive, automate the tedious tasks, proactively manage unanticipated problems that lead to data corruption, and track database changes for auditing or compliance.
• Ideally you would be a graduate in Computer Science or related discipline.
• Academics would be supplemented with 4-5 years of related experience in Telecoms operator, Multinational or similar establishment.
• Professional certification would be an added asset.
About the Company
Etisalat has been the telecommunications service provider in the UAE since 1976, and has built up a modern telecom infrastructure and established itself as an innovative and reliable operator.
Etisalat stands 140th among the Financial Times Top 500 Corporations in the world in terms of market capitalization, and is ranked by The Middle East magazine as the 6th largest company in the Middle East in terms of capitalization and revenues. The Corporation is the largest contributor outside the oil sector to development programmes of the UAE Federal Government, and is an award-winning socially responsible corporation. Etisalat has also won accolades from across the region for its nationalization programme.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||29 Jul|
|Abu Dhabi||22 Jul|
IT Senior Officer - Systems & Monitoring
Robert Half International (RHI)
Admin Executive for a Leading Luxury Hospitality Group
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
|Abu Dhabi||18 Jul|
Administration & Operations Executive
A Leading Educational Organization in UAE