Job description / Role
Leading Database Software Vendor is growing its regional operation and is hiring for their professional services consulting practice, Dubai based. The candidate will get to work on transformation projects with leading clients across the MENA region. You will be going a forward thinking and bright team, gain valuable cross-stack experience and engage with industry leaders. You’ll get a chance to be one of the recognized experts in rapidly growing database industry and will have an opportunity to impact the growth of business in your region.
What You’ll Do:
- You will be a part of key customer's client development/operations teams.
- You will be partnering clients throughout the entire lifecycle of projects to define, design, and implement business process-based solutions.
- You will contribute to customer implementations at any or all phases of the application lifecycle: portfolio assessment, application planning and design, deployment architectures, development and build, integration and release configuration, system testing, production operations, application optimization, and best practices adoption
- You will be responsible for providing samples and templates for client teams; as well as providing trainings when needed
- Strong background in both: software development and Pre-sales fields
- Very strong communication, customer introduction and problem-solving skills
- Being able to combine deep technical and customer-management dimensions
- 8+ years of software development/consulting/pre-sales experience
- Ideally experience with Big Data technology (kafka, hadoop, hive)
- Familiarity with enterprise-scale software architectures, application development methodologies, and software deployment and operations
- Java or C++ experience preferred, developing backend servers, distributed systems, multithreaded processes
- Very strong experience with databases such as Oracle, MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MongoDB, MariaDB, Redis etc
- Strong knowledge of Linux diagnostics and tuning; (Windows and UNIX experience would be a plus)
- Should be ready for frequent short trips to customer site during the working week
About the Company
Since 2010, our team has successfully placed some of the world’s finest graduate to mid and C-level talent in organisations across EMEA and APAC, and it all comes down to our niche approach and understanding of the market place, skill sets and trends.
From our offices in Dubai, Riyadh, London and Singapore, we run a sector specific operation. Meaning we specialise in your industry and are able to completely understand your vision, provide market insights and intelligence, and deliver the best talent to fit seamlessly into your operations.