Job description / Role
Mubadala is a global investment company with a mandate to generate sustainable financial returns to the Government of Abu Dhabi for the long-term.
We actively invest across a variety of geographies, asset classes and sectors that build on our competitive advantages of talent, financial strength, portfolio diversity and global relationships to enhance lasting value at home and overseas.
We are a responsible corporate citizen motivating our businesses to have a positive impact on the communities where they operate.
About Group Finance
Finance supports the Mubadala group by creating and maintaining centers of functional excellence and high quality output in the field of Business planning, statutory reporting, internal financial reporting standards, financial controllership, business valuations, financial governance and more.
We provide high quality financial resource to support the Platform Finance teams in partnering with their Platforms/Units and Assets. We drive a culture across the group wide Finance function(s) of continuous improvement and striving towards the highest possible standards
- To manage, report on and continuously monitor the financial performance of the various Corporate Divisions with particular focus on budget management.
- To partner with Corporate Divisions and provide required financial insight and guidance in relevant finance areas to the respective management teams.
- To support Corporate Divisions in delivering timely & quality 5-year business plan & budget.
- Complete all financial reporting activities as per the timetable set by the central reporting team. These activities include: reviewing and posting accrual and reclassification journals, reviewing relevant AR invoices, updating financial forecasts, etc.
- Prepare and share monthly financial reports for Corporate Divisions and Platforms with the respective management teams.
- Manage, report on and continuously monitor the financial performance of the various Corporate Divisions with particular focus on budget management.
Financial Planning and Budgeting
- Support Corporate Divisions in delivering timely & quality 5-year business plan & budget. This covers management of this budgeting process end-to-end.
- Lead the preparation of the 5-year business plan and budget for Corporate Divisions/ Platforms whilst ensuring alignment with the relevant guidance from the central budget consolidation team.
- Incorporate the budget impact of approved workforce plans for Corporate Divisions and Platforms.
- Ensure timely and quality delivery of budget submissions of Corporate Divisions.
- Manage the review and sign-off process of the budget submissions of Corporate Divisions.
Finance Business Partnering
- Partner with Corporate Division management teams and provide required financial insight and guidance including participation in Division-led initiatives and activities, as required.
- Provide relevant support to Corporate Division management in various finance areas, including any additional budget or reporting requirements, financial policy queries, etc. to support decision making and the Division's ability to deliver against previously-defined goals.
- Review purchase requisitions, contract uploads, work releases, new hire requisitions, etc. initiated by Corporate Divisions and ensure timely responses to these requests.
- Performance scorecards: Manage the process of: 1) defining Corporate Division scorecard contents, and, 2) performance measurement of approved scorecard, whilst liaising with relevant stakeholders.
- Process enhancements: Contribute to the identification of opportunities for the continuous improvement of relevant systems, policies and processes to maximize efficiency.
- Project management: Lead relevant projects, as applicable/ required.
- Bachelor degree in finance, accounting or business administration.
- Accounting qualification, e.g. CMA, is preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant finance experience.
- Experience in managing projects.
- Finance systems including HFM (Hyperion Financial Management), HP (Hyperion Planning) and Oracle
- Project Management
- Financial planning and budgeting
- Financial reporting
- Leadership skills
- Analytical skills
About the Company
Our formation and identity as a company are inextricably linked to the vision of the late Sheikh Zayed bin Sultan Al Nahyan – who imagined a prosperous future for his people, and then brought them together as a nation to achieve it.
Mubadala is a pioneering global investor, deploying capital with integrity and ingenuity to accelerate economic growth for the long-term benefit of Abu Dhabi. As Abu Dhabi’s leading strategic investment company, Mubadala is active in 13 sectors and more than 30 countries around the world, creating lasting value for our shareholder, the Government of Abu Dhabi.
Our work includes the development of global industrial champions in sectors such as aerospace, ICT, semiconductors, metals & mining, renewable energy and utilities, and the management of diverse financial holdings. We build on legacy expertise in oil and gas to invest across the hydrocarbon spectrum, and enhance the UAE’s growth potential through investments in healthcare, real estate and defense services. Our investment approach prioritizes partnership with best-in-class organizations and a commitment to the highest standards of governance.