Job description / Role
A client of JEX Personnel's is seeking to hire an ambitious, energetic and talented Senior Associate level attorney with at least 7 years of Corporate/Commercial practice experience to provide legal advice and analysis on general corporate, corporate structuring, commercial agreements and mergers & acquisitions.
This role may be based in either the firm’s Dubai offices.
• Working closely with multiple clients (including national and multinational corporations, regional corporate conglomerates, investment firms, SMEs, and financial institutions) to provide advice on a wide range of matters relating to commercial transactions, commercial agreements, corporate structuring, regulatory advice, family business structures, etc.
• Assisting clients with corporate establishment, registration, transformation, governance and liquidation
• Advising on business transactions involving shareholders, lenders, borrowers, officers, directors, and corporate relations
• Drafting and negotiating various commercial agreements such as franchising agreements, distribution agreements, joint-venture agreements, etc.
• Drafting corporate documentation such as articles of incorporation, shareholder resolutions, share capital increases, shareholders agreements, and related corporate documentation
• Working closely with multiple clients (including private equity firms, government sponsored institutions, national and multinational corporations, regional funds, and corporate conglomerates) to advise on large scale, complex M&A and other corporate transactions
• Overseeing legal due diligence and disclosure exercises as well as completion mechanics on M&A and other corporate transactions
• Advising on and drafting key transaction documents such as shareholder agreements, joint venture agreements, share sale and purchase agreements, asset sale and purchase agreements, disclosure letters, subscription agreements, employee incentive schemes, and ancillary documentation
AED 45,000 to 60,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• 7+ years of experience as a Corporate/Commercial lawyer, preferably including experience practicing in the GCC region (with particular emphasis on the UAE and KSA)
• US/UK qualification preferred
• Outstanding communication skills
• Arabic language skills are a plus but not required
• Strong time management skills, ability to stay calm under pressure when juggling multiple projects
About the Company
Executive search involves working with a third party, such as JEX Personnel.
Executive search is relationship driven. JEX Personnel will work closely with you to understand the requirements of the role. It is a research-led approach, meaning a search firm will be paid a retainer fee upfront to carry out analyse the marketplace and benchmark for skills/roles and salaries.
A search firm will tend to have extensive knowledge of and access to board directors and senior executives across industries and functions, allowing them to build a large pool of top executive talent
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Senior Legal Counsel
Chief Legal Officer