Job description / Role
We're looking for a dynamic and accomplished BI Senior Analyst to work in the Amazon MENA After Market Services (AMS) and Value-Added Services (VAS) businesses. Data-driven decision making is at the core of Amazon’s culture and your work will have a direct impact on decision making and strategy of those two businesses across several countries. You will also influence new and innovative ways to solve current business and technical challenges.
Our ideal candidate has a combination of strong technical skills, outstanding business insight and excellent verbal and written communication skills. As an integral member of our team, you will have the opportunity to work closely with the business and technology leaders, work on various automations, and set up reporting systems for the organization.
THE KEY RESPONSIBILITIES FOR THIS ROLE INCLUDE
- Collaborate with various cross-country and cross-functional teams (Finance, Operations, Customer Service, Product Management, Business) on analytical projects requiring data analysis
- Translate complex or ambiguous business problem statements into analysis requirements
- Lead the deep dive analyses of business challenges and formulate conclusions and recommendations to be presented to senior leadership
- Enable effective decision-making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format
- Support the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing performance metrics, reports and dashboards to drive key business decisions
- Establish reporting standards and engage data engineering to deliver automated solutions, where possible
- Leverage Amazon infrastructure and tools to improve back-end data sources for increased accuracy and simplicity
- Train / build ML models where applicable by working with operations and tech teams
- 4+ years of experience in e-commerce, Retail or Finance domains
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering
- Experience as a Financial Analyst, Business Analyst, or Systems Analyst.
- Experience in big data concepts with a solid knowledge of SQL, including ability to write complex queries against one or more schemas
- Strong knowledge of various data warehousing methodologies and data modeling concepts
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and projects in a fast-paced environment
- An independent problem solver who can make high quality judgments and decisions
- Organized, self-starter and a quick learner
- Excellent written, verbal, listening, communicating, and negotiating skills coupled with ability to comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the company
- Master's degree in a relevant field
- Advance knowledge and direct experience using BI reporting tools such as Microstrategy, Tableau, Qlikview, etc
- Deep knowledge in machine learning and data engineering
About the Company
Amazon.ae, formerly Souq.com, is an English-Arabic language e-commerce platform, owned by Amazon, Inc. It is the largest e-commerce platform in the Arab world. On March 28, 2017, Amazon.com Inc. confirmed it would be acquiring Souq.com for $580 million. On May 1, 2019, Souq.com became known as Amazon.ae.