Job description / Role
- The jobholder will work directly with stakeholders in Corporate, Institutional, Personal Banking, Compliance, Risk, Finance and Operations to understand their business problems and provide appropriate Business Intelligence solutions by designing and implementing reporting and dashboards.
- The jobholder should execute technical and analytical functions to ensure smooth flow of business operations
- The jobholder will be responsible for design, development and management of a data warehouse environment used for analytics and reporting, and translate business requirements into specifications required to drive decision-making.
- The jobholder is responsible to collaborate with end users to identify needs and opportunities for improved data management and delivery
- Gather business requirements and deliver standard reporting and analysis.
- The Jobholder needs to be able to have an end-to-end vision, and to see how a logical design will translate into one or more data mart, and how the data will flow through the successive stages involved in report creation and hands-on ETL development.
- Creating the operational and analytical reports/dashboards for business, based on the requirements with an instant access to information to monitor measure and manage performance.
- Support in creation of metadata/business layers by empowering users to enable the adoption of self-service reporting.
- Simplify and automate management reporting process to reduce close cycle time by creating, managing and providing various daily, monthly, quarterly, annual and reports to the management/departments/branches.
- Ensure the timely and accurate generation of all-internal and external reporting such as Central Bank, FATCA and CRS.
- The jobholder is responsible for all Sales Achievement for Relationship Managers compared to the budget on a daily and monthly basis.
- Reconcile data with the General Ledger for Portfolio balance, Interest and Fees.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/ Accounting / Finance or Equivalent
- BI development experience and expertise in Business Intelligence tools such as Business Objects/Cognos/Tableau,
- Experience in ETL Tools, Data Modelling, and Data Warehousing.
- Solid understanding of SQL by writing complex SQL queries with exposure and experience of Sybase, MS SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, and Informix including T-SQL.
- 6+ years' experience in Business Intelligence, enterprise level Data warehouse/business intelligence projects
- ETL experience - mappings and transformations
- Sound knowledge of Banking procedures, Accounting standards
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and conceptual skills.
- Planning and organizing skills
- Report writing and Communications skills.
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Power BI Analyst / Business Intelligence Analyst - 12 Month Contract
Manpower Middle East
Relationship Manager, Corporate Banking
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Assistant Product Manager, Remittance
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)