Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
What we are looking for:
The Senior Buyer - Technology is responsible for executing technology sourcing projects (RFI/RFP/RFQ) process and delivering significant reductions in technology costs, drive Sourcing process with all stakeholders in TECH areas, support Head of Procurement in automation initiatives as well as working closely with stakeholders (users, support areas) to develop effective cost-reduction strategies, procurement planning, and execution plans.
What You'll do:
- Drive end to end Tech Sourcing project from RFI to contracting state
- Write FRI/RFP/RFQ for each technology sourcing projects by collaborating with business and IT teams
- Score RFI/RFP/RFQ after they have been received from the vendors and follow up for missing information
- Support business in shortlisting vendors and organizing demos and proposal defense meetings
- Prepare and maintain contracts register and keep track for upcoming renewals
- Monitor the selection and management process of current suppliers and verifying compliance with the policy
- Track performance of tech category under his/her management
- Develop best practices in each category
- Ensure user satisfaction on the strategic sourcing process
- Maintain user areas informed about the progress of strategic categories that impact them
Key Organizational Relationships:
- Head of Procurement
- Technology Teams inside and outside IT function
- Vertical and support functions
- Technology Legal
- Technology Finance
- Operational Category manager
- Managers of user areas
Key Result areas:
- Timely execution of sourcing projects
- Delivered Negotiated Savings
- Up to date documentation on all IT contracts
- User knowledge on great work done
What you need to succeed in this role:
- 7-10 years of experience leading strategic sourcing activities
- Experience in running multiple end to end sourcing process for Software, Tech Services & IT Infrastructure
- Hands-on experience in writing RFI/RFP/RFQ document
- Hands-on experience in scoring RFI/RFP/RFQ responses
- Ability to articulate Total Cost of Ownership of technology products
- Good understanding of the technology universe to advise technology teams on the sourcing bill of material
- Project Managed implementation of sourcing solution
- Good knowledge of technology suppliers in GCC market
- Bachelor's degree in business, engineering or related
- Successful track record in Technology Procurement
- Experience in project management, budget management, etc. desirable
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Strong analytical skills to score complex quotations
- Extensive negotiation skills and best practices in contracting
- Exceptional supplier relationship and contract/conflict management skills
- User relationship skills
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you:
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.