Job description / Role
Who we are
Chalhoub is the leading luxury retailer in the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands, and over 65 years of experience in the region, we are the premiere destination for luxury goods. To fuel the next stage of the organisation's growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey.
As a Senior Data Analyst for the Fashion sub-vertical, you will use data from both physical and digital channels to develop a robust understanding of the performance of our business. You will be a critical partner for our Vice President, Brand General Managers and their business leaders in the Fashion and Accessories space.
What you'll be doing
- Developing a unified view of the Fashion and Accessories end-to-end commercial performance
- Collaborating with all internal teams to increase the efficiency and productivity of Fashion operations by harnessing data to simplify, improve UX, automate workflows, reduce errors and accelerate time-to-value
- Generating actionable insights from data and championing their use to drive value
- Predicting and forecasting potential outcomes, to support business proactivity
- Data-driven recommendations to optimise productivity, value and customer delight
- Working with business leaders to identify new opportunities to generate value
- Working with the core data team to operationalise and deliver impact through data products
- Championing the growth of trustworthy data critical to Fashion operations
- Keeping your knowledge up to date via training and on the job learning
- Being a positive ambassador of the broader data organisation and culture
- Using data and analytics to drive rapid growth in eCommerce
- Understanding our customers, their behaviours, experiences and purchases, to enable growth in their lifetime value
- Providing insights on all business aspects (Sales, Marketing, E-commerce, CRM, Supply Chain, Finance) and market trends (regional and global) that will support business plans development and new brand acquisitions
What you'll need to succeed
- Demonstrated technical expertise with the ability to get clear value out of data
- Ability to prioritise business needs and focus on the highest impact opportunities
- Talent to communicate with technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Willingness to do some foundational "heavy lifting" in automating reporting and dashboarding, to enable business users to self-serve, prior to accelerating value through advanced techniques
- First-hand experience of advanced analytics / machine learning concepts and techniques and their application to business decisions and value creation
- Ability to interpret business questions and provide solutions through appropriate analytics models
- (Desirable) Experience of Google Cloud Platform, Google Big Query, Google Analytics, Tag Manager and Looker software, as well as Oracle BI
- The curiosity and hunger to deliver true transformational change. This role is not for the timid!
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution, remote and flexible working as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.