Job description / Role
Senior Construction Engineer
• Performs difficult and complex field engineering assignments involving the development, execution, supervision, and coordination of all technical aspects of a construction project.
• Maintains first-level quality assurance to confirm that the installation of all work within his/her discipline is in accordance with the plans, specifications, and industry standards. May supervise the construction engineering work and provide technical expertise for one or more of the construction engineering disciplines.
• Ensures that tests and inspections are performed, witnessed, and documented in accordance with approved procedures.
• Collaborates with construction management to eliminate any hazards associated with the work that may adversely affect the environment or the safety or health of employees. Ensures that personnel of the assigned group engage in safe work practices in compliance with site-specific safety procedures and industry standards.
• Establishes and maintains liaison with the discipline design engineering staff. Reviews and interprets discipline design drawings and specifications to ensure current revision level and correct technical execution of the work.
• Provides resolution for technical engineering problems within the assigned discipline(s); coordinates application of solutions.
• Develops discipline construction schedules and monitors progress. Provides schedule and progress appraisal report to the Construction Manager.
• Monitors material procurement and deliveries to ensure timeliness in support of construction activities and schedule within the assigned discipline. Ensures that materials received meet specifications and established standards of quality.
• Organizes the accumulation of assigned discipline data for the final project turnover and report.
• Initiates and maintains records, back-charge procedures, progress reports, etc., as required.
• May have some interface with the client and upper-level management.
• Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
• Degree in Civil engineering from a reputable university.
• Minimum 6 years work experience on roads, bridges and utilities works ideally in the UAE.
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to communicate logically and clearly with management and staff.
• Commitment to safe work practices
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.
Civil Engineer - Infrastructure
|Ras Al Khaimah||1 Apr|
Resident Engineer - Consultancy
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
|Abu Dhabi||10 Mar|
|Abu Dhabi||1 Apr|
Civil Engineering Project Manager
Assistant Project Manager - 1 Year Contract
Arab Media Group (AMG)