Job description / Role
The Contracts Administrator is ADPI's adviser regarding commercial matters of the projects (i.e. contracts and costs) for both ADPI contracts as well as for running the contractors contract during supervision stage. He/she is involved during all stages of projects including design competition, award of consultancy agreement, design, tender and supervision stages.
- Contractual advice before consultancy agreement and during supervision.
- Support of technical staff in contractual design issues.
- Preparing conditions of contract (including consultancy agreements).
- Preparing conditions of subcontract.
- Monitoring contractual compliance.
- Assessing and negotiating claims (including consultant's claims).
- Protecting ADPI.
- Analysing contractors' claims.
- Preparation and submittal of proposal for contract variations.
The role is a key support to Project Management Office while at site , providing experienced insight into contractor performance, cost and schedule exposures.
On a project-basis, he/she will have functional links with the Construction Manager, the Project Director, the Planner and the QS.
- Supporting the resident engineer in administering the construction contract conditions.
- Interpreting contract conditions in response to the contractor claims, project leadership queries and employer queries.
- Drafting of contractual letters for day to day issues in consultation with resident engineer and site engineers.
- Managing potential variations and claims including record-keeping and following up with the contractor, site engineers and client.
- Assisting in review of payment applications.
- Preparing documentation for potential future arbitration hearings.
- Review of interfacing packages' tender conditions along with other documents and providing guidance to the project leadership team.
- Assisting the resident engineer in strictly adhering to the contractual time limits for Engineer and Employer.
- Participating in meetings with the contractor and employer.
- Enforce ethics and compliance policy including Third Party payment, Sub-consultancy engagement process and Gift and Entertainment policy.
- The Contracts administrator will contribute to the realization of ADPI's Quality Objectives and make recommendations on ADPI's Quality Procedures related to the technical fields under his/her responsibility.
- BE/ B. Tech-Civil or a relevant field of study
- 8-10 years of experience in construction contract administration in major infrastructure or transportation projects.
- Experience in working for an international project management consultancy would have an advantage
- Extensive proven experience in the ability to assess contract compliance
- Extensive experience in legal/contractual letter writing.
- Excellent in interpretation and clarification of FIDIC conditions of contract
- Excellent in written English for letters, memoranda and minutes of meetings
About the Company
ADP Ingenierie, a wholly-owned Groupe ADP subsidiary, is a French engineering company that carries out architectural and engineering activities worldwide dealing with design of new airports or existing airports development.
Its teams of experts can accompany a project from the initial design to operational stages and group together multiple skills, from engineering to architecture, studies and the supervision of works.
With 400 employees of 46 nationalities working in 19 different countries, ADP Ingenierie is presently carrying out over 130 projects concurrently worldwide.
Subcontracts Administrator - Infrastructure
Senior Contracts Engineer/Administrator - Contractor
|Abu Dhabi||14 May|
Contracts Manager - MRICS/MCIArb
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Established Build Contractor
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Major Exhibition Programme