This position is closed or expired.
See other Civil Engineering jobs
With an unrivalled project portfolio, Hill International are looking to strengthen their senior management team and have several immediate requirements for Senior Contracts Managers for Mega Developments across the GCC area.
The Role :
The Senior Contracts Manager is responsible for developing and administering all contract documents from design stages to the tender process through to contract closeout including variations and issue resolution for design, construction and other project related contracts. An extensive knowledge of the various FIDIC contracts is required.
He will monitor the permanent materials procurement activities by others providing consultation when requested. His primary objective is to evaluate potential risks to the client and to the project and thereafter suggest measures to reduce risks to levels acceptable by the Client.
The Senior Contracts Manager supervises all contracting activities of the project.
Contracting tasks include:
1. Ability to negotiate terms, conditions and commercial issues with contractors
2. Management and coordination of award process
3. Development of contract documents including tender documents
4. Able to analyze contract general terms and conditions to highlight areas of risk such as ambiguities, conflicts or deviations from the scope of work. As work proceeds, make recommendations to the Project Manager on the mitigation of these risks; able to closely monitor and support remedial actions and recommend appropriate tradeoffs
5. Management of Owner approval process
6. Monitor contract correspondence and provide appropriate input to protect client against potential claims
7. Management of claims avoidance activities
8. Coordination of contract execution
Contract administration including:
Variation or change administration
Risk management administration
Excellent Tax free package and benefits to attract the best.
BSc Engineering related, Quantity Surveying
15-20 years experience, preferably in the Middle East or alternatively as a key team member on a multi million dollar project
About the Company
Hill International is a worldwide leader in Construction Consulting. In addition to being one of the largest construction claims firms in the world, they are also the largest independent Construction Management firm in the US. In total, Hill International presently has 26 Offices worldwide and over 900 employees.
Their seven Middle East offices; Dubai, Abu Dhabi (UAE), Doha (Qatar), Istanbul (Turkey), Manama (Bahrain), Sharq (Kuwait) and Baghdad (Iraq), have an established track record of project success in the Middle East and they presently have an unprecedented number of upcoming ‘mega-projects’ in the pipeline for delivery over the coming decade.