Job description / Role
Be a part of our international consultancy business that spans our five global hubs, where we oversee work for world leading organisations across the public and private sectors.
Our Middle East, North Africa and India hub started in 1998 and has successfully operated in a wide range of countries, delivering project and programme management and cost consultancy services.
Senior Cost Consultant - Pre-Contract
Your responsibilities will include:
• Ensuring that Mace policies and processes are understood, implemented and adhered to.
• Coordinating and delegating workload when responsible for an assistant as required.
• Supporting the managers with the preparation of fee invoices.
• Ensuring scope of service is clear and understood by all parties.
• Ensuring no work or additional work is undertaken without the necessary authorization from the client and line manager.
• Reviewing the project workbook for assessment of project performance when requested.
• Ensuring client delivery expectations are understood and achieved.
• Keeping abreast of market developments and related costs.
• Leading a team with the coordination and preparation of bills of quantities, tender documentation and tender packages in line with standard systems of measurement.
• Preparing cash flow forecasts and related reports.
• Preparing of concept, schematic and detailed design cost plans and pre-tender estimates.
• Taking a lead role with the coordination and preparation of contract documents.
• Taking a lead role with value engineering/value management.
• Taking a lead role with project risk management.
• Preparing and making recommendations for payment of interim valuations.
• Preparing final account statements and other financial certificates as required in accordance with the respective forms of contract.
• Preparing appropriate responses to claims and contractual correspondence for the line manager/commercial manager.
• Taking a lead role in gathering and analyzing cost data for the Mace cost consultancy cost database.
• Referring personnel problems as they arise to the line manager.
• Communicating with document controllers so that they are clear on their role in service delivery to clients.
• Committing and supporting the appraisal development process.
• Leading, motivating and managing team members.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Previous working experience in a similar role.
• Consultancy background is an advantage.
• Knowledge of contracting practices and preparation of tender documents/bills of quantities.
• Knowledge of preparing tender reports.
• Knowledge of cost planning and estimation.
• Knowledge of bid analysis and bid conditions.
• Familiar with FIDIC form of contracting in all its forms.
• Knowledge of various methods of measurement (POMI, CESMM, SMM7, NRM1 and NRM2).
• Knowledge and understanding of AutoCad and CostX measurement or similar billing software.
• Ability to interact effectively as a member of the team.
• Effective communication skills.
• Good written and spoken English.
• Motivated and able to work on own initiative.
• Effective time management.
• A degree qualification in quantity surveying, commercial management or engineering is preferred.
• Professional memberships i.e. MRICS is an advantage.
“Mace is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for our people to excel.”
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 5,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa & India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety First, Client Focus, Create Opportunity, Integrity. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most challenging and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Currie & Brown
|Abu Dhabi||30 Jul|
Nael & Bin Harmal Hydroexport Est. (NBHH)
Senior Quantity Surveyor - Cost Consultancy
Ignite Search & Selection
|Abu Dhabi||19 Jul|
Senior Quantity Surveyor