Job description / Role
We are looking for Senior Craftsman- Carpenter- Maintenance. The ideal candidate must be well experienced with performing a wide range of carpentry work for the site as a whole ranging from cabinet making to installation and repair of wooden fixtures and fitments.
Location: Abu Dhabi
Salary: AED 8000
• Receives instructions from supervisor mainly in the form of sketches and drawing.
• Discusses dimensions, type of material and fittings to use for projects
• Ascertains method of operations to complete allotted task making maximum use of materials, prepares wood, fitments and fasteners
• Performs detailed carpentry work in the form of cabinet making in the workshop.
• Manufacture cupboards stools, drawing tables, notice boards and general office furniture from wood and laminates which have to finished to fine limits and attractive appearance
• Erects fences, wooden supports and structural components like roof trusses, working under own initiative, and to drawings furnished by various departments heads
• Operates workshop equipment such as Surface Planner, Panel saw, jointer, planer sanding machine, radial and band saws etc., Makes adjustments as necessary to maintain accuracy of work piece.
• Repair wooden fitments such as locks and hinges, carries out general restorative and alteration work around the site
• Makes permanents fixings of wood to steel/concrete by the use of fire arm style tool, which utilizes explosive pellets to project a special fastener into the base material.
• Ensure that company safety rules are adhered by the use of apron, goggles, and breathing mask, and that all tools and machines are clean and tidy after use.
AED 7,000 to 8,000 per month inclusive of fixed allowances.
• Any Diploma or certification on Carpentry works
• Candidate must have minimum 5 years post apprenticeship with 5 years acting as master carpenter in either one of the field, furniture shop construction and industrial
• Capable of reading the drawing for fabrication.
• Knowledge on various wood materials and type
• Well experienced in all carpentry wood working machine / tools and preferably also in the fabrication of wood centers and casting form, writing and good communications skills
About the Company
Najma Human Resources and Training Consultancy, is committed to professional service in Human Resource and Training.
Najma, has been operating successfully since 1997 and has been offering consultancy service to a number of reputed organizations in the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Africa.