Job description / Role
Key Activities/ Deliverables (not limited to):
Architecture Library Management
- Build and operate Security Architecture Documentation Library containing: design, blueprints, hardening and security baseline:
- Correctly linked with Archer
- Available for use by needed teams.
- Effective document management processes
Security Architecture Development
- Engage with business to determine the needs
- Work with IT Teams to embed security controls in alignment with relevant IT processes.
- Use, develop and enhance security catalog data during the execution
- Develop technology reference models for implementation by Services Teams
Create Security Baseline Templates and Build and Enhance Hardening Guidance
- For certain proprietary devices, and especially, telco
- For certain proprietary devices, and especially, telco devices, work with customer vendors to create/refine the hardening guidelines.
- Advise on and consolidate the new templates and guidelines into the document library
- Ensure that the library reflects the current state
Security Reporting Design and Implementation
- Define and agree security metrics and measurements
- Define and agree report structures and layouts
- Design and embed underlying data collection mechanisms
- Identify gaps in current security architecture and security controls including but not limited to internal security architecture, perimeter security, wireless security, data center security, end point security and mobile security.
- Provide suitable recommendations to address the gaps identified as part of the assessment.
- Review and provide the engineering packages and documentations such as (High-level design, blueprints, security baselines, technical evaluations, detailed engineering documents, and guidelines) according to IT Security methodologies such as SABSA & ISO27001.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field preferred
- +10 years’ experience in IT Security
- Demonstrable participation with a key role in security programs/projects above 1M$.
- Strong IT Architectural knowledge. Data collection, processing and visualization architectures.
- Able to conduct a full day security workshop to gather requirements and discuss about security directions.
- Being able to create high quality and structured technical documentation; Requirements, Architecture, SLAs, Process and Procedures.
- Vulnerability management and security hardening
Mastering at least three of these domains:
- Network security
- Cloud Security
- Telco security
- EndPoint Security
- BigData Security
- Application Security
- Telco services and architectures
- Enterprise Architectural methodologies; TOGAF, SABSA
- Security Technology market knowledge
- GDPR and security compliance knowledge
- Excellent communications skills
- Ability to interact at all level across our client base
- You have agility to learn new technologies quickly.
- Proactive and the ability to work without supervision
- Strong project management
- Able to coordinate and lead a technical team to deliver with excellence
About the Company
Founded in 1996, Halian is an IT services company with a strong track record of delivering value for our customers across the UK, Europe, The Middle East and Africa.
The experience we have gained means that we can help our clients reduce information technology costs, increase IT systems performance, and free up valuable internal resource to focus on core business activities. Our knowledge base covers a variety of industry sectors including Government, Healthcare, Telecommunications and Pharmaceuticals, as well as a specialist Financial markets capability in our Luxembourg office.
We operate with a culture of openness and trust that helps us to develop strong working relationships with our clients and with our core technology partners Dell, Oracle, Red Hat and Symantec.
Our three key service offerings of Managed Services, Resourcing Services and Professional Services can be used independently or integrated to provide a truly comprehensive service.