Job description / Role
• This is a Senior Data Analyst role, it means being at the wilder frontier of data analysis.
• Rather than having a set approach, you’ll often be faced with a blank piece of paper and have to figure out the solution from scratch.
• You will be part of GHA's Data Analytics team and will gather and translate business requirements into technical specifications by working closely with different stakeholders.
• You will be client-facing by engaging and understanding stakeholders, so an ability to manage deadlines and multiple data projects simultaneously as well as clearly communicating with different teams is a must.
• You will need to be comfortable writing and explaining complex ideas simply and coherently.
• You will analyse data requirements by delving into existing reports, developing data models and reporting suites to support GHA’s data needs. You will also ensure that the presentation layer on top of the data platform has sufficient data of good quality to enable a high degree of self-serve capability for different teams. Enabling quick working prototypes is a must-have ability.
• You will be involved in answering the trickier questions by supporting the business with identifying potential solutions; often needing to creatively apply familiar data blending techniques or experiment with new ones before you find the approach that can crack it wide open.
• You will support updates/changes to Business analytical requirements and existing data processes including support in quality assurance before a solution is pushed to production.
• You will work independently, possess a strong eye for detail and quality, consistently produce work to exacting standards.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science (CS), Information System (IS), Management of Information System (MIS), Statistics, Data Science (DS).
• 6+ years of practical experience in Data Analysis and operating different BI tools.
• Experience with Power BI advantageous.
• Excellent stakeholder management attributes, demonstrating the ability and confidence to collaborate, challenge and influence at a senior level.
• Passion for data analysis, ability to analyse interrogate, manipulate complex data to identify trends and steer business thinking.
• Experience with general-purpose programming language SQL is a must.
• Experience with Python would also be favourable.
• Excellent writing, communication, and analytical skills. Ability to work in a team environment and client interfacing skills.
The ideal candidate will share our company values, will be self-motivated, and someone who takes their own development seriously. Previous experience in the hospitality or travel industry is a bonus.
About the Company
Global Hotel Alliance brings together a unique collection of independent hospitality brands for GHA DISCOVERY, a multi-brand loyalty programme leveraging a shared technology platform. Through membership in GHA, hotel brands expand their global reach, drive incremental revenue by sharing customer data, and reduce dependence on third-party channels, all while maintaining management independence and individual positioning.
GHA represents a collection of 35 brands with 500 hotels in 85 countries serving more than 11 million members. The award-winning GHA DISCOVERY programme generates approximately $2 billion in revenue and over 8 million room nights annually.