Job description / Role
• A Senior Database administrator who can provides technical expertise in the design, implementation, and maintenance of database management systems.
• DBA who can take responsibility of ensuring database deployment, performance, availability and security of clusters of MySQL instances as well as SQL servers cluster.
• Native Arabic speaker.
Duties to perform:
• Provision MySQL instances, both in clustered and non-clustered in both environments.
• Ensure performance, security, and high availability of databases.
• Creates, tests, executes scripts and patches.
• Automate common database procedures, such as upgrade, backup, recovery, migration, etc.
• Profile server resource usage and optimize as necessary.
• Collaborate with development and IT teams for database design and implementation best practices.
• Setup required replications between various type of databases.
• Must be able to present prior projects maintaining/implementing enterprise environments.
• Can work with various ETL tools including MSIS.
• Designs and documents database architecture.
• At least 8 years of combined experience in administrating SQL and MySQL DBMS.
• In depth understanding of SQL server & MY SQL database engines.
• Good Understanding of MySQL’s underlying storage engines.
• Hands on with latest MY SQL versions & SQL Server versions.
• Extensive experience in profiling & optimizing Queries.
• Deep understanding of Query execution plans.
• Certified in Microsoft SQL Server 2008+ and later; MCSE is preferred.
• Hands on with GIT.
About the Company
EarthLink Telecommunications is the largest leading Internet Service Provider in Iraq. The company was founded in 2005 to provide communication services to home users, enterprises, and government, backed hundreds of points of presence distributed over every city and town in Iraq. EarthLink is approaching its vision to be the one-stop shop for connectivity and IT services, including network/Internet connectivity, cloud computing, data centre co-location, enterprise IT solutions and software development.