Job description / Role
At DarkMatter, we are building an organisation of specialists to provide the ultimate integrated cyber security protection available. Whatever the scope, scale or sensitivity of our clients' work, we'll assess their risks, resolve their vulnerabilities and always keep them ahead of the threat, offering them the best possible products and solutions.
DarkMatter Group's Digital Transformation and Applied Technologies practice (DX1) is enabling organizations in public and private sector in harnessing advanced technologies in smart, secure, and effective ways in pursuit of operational excellence and thus leading to a true digital transformation of their businesses.
DX1 is actively enabling its clients by helping them to discover how they can leverage the data that they generate using advanced and sophisticated algorithms from Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning. Additionally, DX1 is also involved in creating a rich and diverse IP portfolio that leverages Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and Big Data technologies.
We are looking for Senior Database Administrator Design and build highly-available database solutions.
- Design and build highly-available database solutions
- Design and implement databases in accordance to end users information needs and views
- Consider both back-end structure and front-end accessibility for end-users
- Provide high-level design for planned database solutions
- Control access permissions and privileges
- Define roles / users and enable data distribution to the right role / user, in appropriate format and in a timely manner
- Monitor usage and performance to deliver highly performant capabilities for all users
- Optimize for performance across all data-layer solutions
- Develop, manage and test back-up and recovery using high-speed transaction & recovery techniques
- Refine logical design so it can be translated into specific data modes
- Continually assess and identify ways to improve data distribution and structuring
- Assess and refine physical design to meet system storage requirements
- Review capacity demand regularly and perform capacity planning reporting
- Ensure storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Install and test new versions of database management system
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Minimise database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy and integrity
- Define and maintain database standards, documentation, procedures and definitions
- Communicate regularly with technical, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- Commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- Manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
- 8 years experience as a DBA
- Proven working experience as a Database Administrator
- Proficiency in at least two of the following data manipulation languages:
- MS SQL
- Oracle Database
- MySQL / MariaDB / Galera
- Hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications
- Excellent knowledge of data backup, recovery, security and integrity
- Familiarity with database design, documentation and coding
- Previous experience with DBA case tools (frontend/backend) and third party tools
- Familiarity with programming languages API
- Problem solving skills and ability to think algorithmically
- B.Tech / M.Tech in Computer Science
Working in Abu Dhabi
At DarkMatter, we're turning our biggest ideas into reality in the fastest moving and most dynamic city on the planet. Working here, you'll lead technical innovation in the region while taking advantage of all Abu Dhabi has to offer. From first class healthcare and education, to superior living accommodations and cultural attractions, you'll find your ideal career and more in this global crossroads. The UAE is one of the safest and most secure areas in the world. And with its location between Europe, Africa and Asia, you'll expand your worldview in just a short flight. But you won't have to venture far from the city to experience its diversity. You'll find people of over 50 nationalities working in the DarkMatter Group. Join us and see that while far away from the concrete tech jungle, Abu Dhabi is an oasis where your latest innovations will thrive and grow.
About the Company
DarkMatter is transforming the cyber security landscape. Headquartered in the UAE and operating globally, we're the region's first and only fully integrated digital defence and cyber security consultancy and implementation firm. Our elite team of global experts deliver advanced, next-generation solutions to governments and enterprises across the cyber security spectrum.
We help clients simplify the enormous complexity of today's ever-evolving cyber threats. Our vision is to protect the future by securing its technologies. Innovation and Research are cornerstones to our development and the activities in these areas underpin our entire range of offerings, including Secure Communications, Public Key Infrastructure and Big Data & Analytics products.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Team Administrator / Personal Assistant
|Abu Dhabi||14 Sep|