Job description / Role
Project: This is an opportunity to work on a large hospitality project in one of the emirates of the UAE.
Your responsibilities will include:
• Leading and ensuring design management is consistent across projects, or phases.
• Ensuring design management function is aligned with other PMC functional targets.
• Ensuring that reporting and progress reporting is aligned with PMC reporting requirements.
• Monitoring, reviewing, and reporting on consultant’s and/or contractor design progress.
• Ensuring designs are developed in compliance with project briefs.
• Ensuring consultants are fulfilling contractual obligations for scope and deliverables.
• Ensuring design consultants are working to ensure projects are on time, and on budget.
• Ensuring BIM management is integral to the programme and ongoing.
• Ensuring scope change is monitored and managed in accordance with change protocols.
• Ensuring client and 3rd party reviews are scheduled and aligned with the programme.
• Ensuring client and statutory Approvals are built into the programme.
• Ensuring detailed and/or peer reviews are scheduled if required.
• Ensuring value engineering workshops are scheduled and participating.
• Leading constructability reviews are scheduled and participated.
• Leading the preparation of consultant scopes and project briefs.
• Supporting procurement in preparation of RFP/ITT packages.
• Advising on consultant selection and appointment.
• Evaluating of consultant variations and claims in connection with design.
• Reviewing consultant and/or contractor design submissions and progress reports.
• Being able to oversight and participation in key design and technical review workshops.
• Challenging and supporting the design teams to ensure design solutions are optimized.
• Utilizing company resources efficiently to accomplish assigned work.
• Identifying and managing design-associated risks, mitigation strategies, and/or escalation.
You have 10 to 15 years of experience, a relevant degree in construction management, engineering or architecture, chartered/registered member of a relevant institution (e.g. RIBA/CIOB), experience in high-end tower construction, relevant sector-specific knowledge, including industry standards and terms of reference, knowledge of RIBA, or other international Plans of Work, and alignment with WBS, the experience of BIM and BIMM requirements over project lifecycle and WBS, ability to interrogate programmes and critical path, experience in preparation of Project Briefs, Scopes of Service and RFP/ITT issue, knowledge of industry standards for measurement; BUA, GFA, NIA, GIFA etc.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Project Manager - Design / Construction
Design Manager (Client Side)
Project Manager - Design
|Abu Dhabi||8 Dec|
Project Manager - Construction
Compass Project Consulting
Project Director (Architecture Firm)