Job description / Role
The incumbent should be a Senior Full Stack Java/J2ee Developer with hands on Angular experience with Spring frame work and Web-services. Incumbent should be able to do Unit-testing code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, general reliability, bug fixing and improving application performance. Incumbent should be able to design user interactions on websites, developing servers and databases for website functionality and coding for mobile platforms.
- Design and build applications for web and mobile platforms.
- Solid working experience in Java and J2EE development skills.
- Solid understanding of the collections frameworks.
- Working experience in developing web services using HTTP REST/JSON and SOAP
- Working experience in Oracle PL/SQL, MySQL, MSSQL etc.
- Object-oriented and service-oriented design concepts, including knowledge of data transfer objects and associated design patterns.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Web design patterns and front end technologies like HTML5, JQuery and MVC framework like spring and Spring Boot.
- Detailed knowledge of browser DOM with direct manipulation.
- Hand-on experience with unit testing and working with continuous integration environment
- Experience with offline storage, threading, and performance tuning
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into technical requirements
- Familiarity with cloud message APIs and push notifications
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git, Bitbucket, TFS
- Experience with third-party libraries and APIs
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability
- Development, design, documentation, implementing and testing of software systems in Front-End/Server-Side and Internet technologies.
- Oversee the identification, design and implementation of appropriate security measures/controls in relation to the web based applications.
- Enforce compliance with Bank's system development lifecycle (SDLC) methodology Provide technical leadership and expertise in relation to e-Channels and ESB, as and when required.
- Engage the Network Administrators, Network Security Administrators, Quality Assurance team and suitable external security service providers to conduct vulnerability assessments.
- Document functional and non-functional (security, availability, performance) software specifications in alignment to the corporate guidelines and principles
- Develop and implement procedures for ongoing application revision and updates.
- Develop and document style guidelines and standards for application content.
- Coordinate activities between IT staff and business users to resolve Bank's web based applications related problems.
- Implement and maintain suitable backup solutions for the web application as well as the related program codes and configurations.
- Perform web application tests according to planned schedules, or after any web application or product revisions.
- Develop test plans, test scripts and test routines and conduct tests to mimic all possible test scenarios and platform dependent operations.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate employees for correction.
- Prepare projects and applications reports adhering to the Bank's policies, procedures, and guidelines in order to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements.
- Prepare technical manuals for users and operators of the applications
- Train key users to the applications functionality, including the identification, troubleshooting and reporting of issues
- Prepare Application System Recovery Plans
- University graduate in Computer Science
- Experience with MySQL, Cassandra, Postgres and/or MongoDB, Spark, Kafka, MicroServices, Docker and Kubernetes will also be considered as an added advantage
- 4-7 years of related experience of which a minimum of 2-3 years should be in a similar position / responsibility, preferably in Banking/Financial Industries
- Good communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Report writing skills
- Supervisory skills
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.