Job description / Role
The Incumbent is responsible for the requirements gathering, design and development of Web based applications in Angular 4 and above, HTML5 or similar Technologies with process workflow systems. The incumbent is also responsible for providing architectural and technical parameters, in addition to directing web application creation, enhancement and maintenance.
- Design, build and maintain web-based applications, using web authoring and/or scripting languages, content creation tools, content management tools, and programming tools, web security and encryption tools.
- Analyze user/business needs to determine technical and functional requirements, and design, develop, test and implement user friendly websites and web-based applications.
- Document functional and non-functional (security, availability, performance) software specifications in alignment to the corporate guidelines and principles
- Undertake software development activities and ensure timely and accurate delivery of the specifications
- Evaluate program code to ensure that it is valid, is properly structured, meets industry standards and is compatible with browsers, devices, and/or operating systems used by the Bank.
- Install, configure, deploy and support web authoring tools, content creation tools, content management tools, graphic design tools, programming tools, web security and encryption tools.
- Develop, design, and/or edit web page content, or direct/assist others to produce appropriate web-based content.
- Design and implement website security measures such as encryption techniques and secure transaction processing platforms.
- Ensure legal and regulatory requirements, copyrights, data privacy and confidentiality requirements are appropriately addressed by the Banks web sites and web-based applications.
- Develop and implement procedures for ongoing web application revision and updates.
- Develop and document style guidelines and standards for web application content.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of web-based technologies, programming techniques and tools.
- Constantly identify and implement improvements to Bank's web sites and web-based applications.
- Coordinate activities between IT staff and business users to resolve Bank's web sites and web-based applications related problems.
- Implement and maintain suitable backup solutions for the web site content as well as the related program codes and configurations.
- Perform web application tests according to planned schedules, or after any web application or product revisions.
- Develop test plans, test scripts and test routines and conduct tests to mimic all possible test scenarios and platform dependent operations.
- Ensure that Bank's Network Administrators, IT Security Administrators and the Quality Assurance team are engaged in performing appropriate tests and vulnerability assessments to detect security related weaknesses of the banks web sites and web based applications.
- Collaborate with management or users to develop e-commerce strategies and to integrate these strategies through the Bank's web sites.
- Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback, and correct problems or refer problems to appropriate employees for correction.
- Ensure high standards of confidentiality to safeguard commercially sensitive information.
- Provide timely and accurate information to the external and internal auditors and the Compliance function as and when required. Analyze business processes and design IT systems to meet the requirements of the CBD Business Functions
- Prepare projects and applications reports adhering to the Bank's policies, procedures, and guidelines in order to satisfy internal and external reporting requirements.
- Prepare technical manuals for users and operators of the applications
- Train key users to the applications functionality, including the identification, troubleshooting and reporting of issues
- Prepare Application System Recovery Plans
- University graduate in Computer Science
- Professional qualifications in Software Development, Agile Development and Software Applications Lifecycle Management with specialization in Web Application Development .
- About 6-8 years of related experience of which a minimum of 2-3 years should be in a similar position / responsibility, preferably in Banking/Financial Industries
- Good communication skills
- Analytical skills
- Report writing skills
- Supervisory skills
- Inter- personal relations skills
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Del Monte Foods (U.A.E) FZE
Senior Developer, Full Stack
Commercial Bank of Dubai (CBD)
Full Stack Developer
Right Calibre Executive Search
Senior Software Developer
SFM Corporate Services