Job description / Role
This role is responsible for the project management of DMCC’s ongoing / planned development(s). The Senior Development Manager will be assisting/working together with the Development Director from design until handover of the current/future projects on various undeveloped plots within the Uptown and JLT Community.
We have an excellent job opportunity for a Senior Development Manager to manage real estate development projects. This role will oversee all aspects of building, design, permitting and construction as well as all phases of real estate development including site visits, predevelopment, proposing/securing funding for projects, finance, work with/review feasibilities, manage and overview of the planning, design and construction stages.
The Senior Development Manager will manage real estate development projects by:
• Oversee all aspects of building, design, permitting and construction
• Work with the Director of Development to implement strategic priorities for the company projects in terms of commercial management, project management, finance management as well as managing necessary stakeholders
• Coordinate and work with all design consultants, PMC’s, contractors, stakeholders, financial contributors, authorities, etc as required by the project
• Develop schedules and budgets for assigned projects
• Identify and evaluate alternative solutions to best meet program goals
Required Qualifications and Experience:
• Degree in Engineering, Architectural and/or Urban Design
• 10+ years extensive experience and in depth knowledge of the Gulf region with at least 3 years experience in the Middle East with a delivered track of projects
• Experience with a client based Developer is a bonus
• Should have a good eye to pick out issues in drawings
• Presentation skills
• Design management
• Scope management
About the Company
Dubai has historically been an international hub for the physical trade of not only gold, but also many other commodities and so the establishment of the Dubai Gold & Commodities Exchange (DGCX) was the next logical step for the region and the local economy. DGCX commenced trading in November 2005 as the regions first commodity derivatives exchange and has become today, the leading derivatives exchange in the Middle East.
DGCX is a subsidiary of Dubai Multi Commodities Centre (DMCC), a strategic initiative of the Government of Dubai, with a mandate to enhance commodity trade flows through the Emirate by providing the appropriate physical, market, financial infrastructure and services required. The Management team of DGCX comprises senior personnel from the commodities, securities and financial services industries bringing a wealth of experience and expertise to ensure the success of DGCX.