Job description / Role
Our Senior Site Merchandiser is responsible for ensuring offerings and promotions are timely listed online in alignment with stores. The Senior Site Merchandiser is also responsible for analyzing online purchasing data, competitor comparisons, and translate them into the report to update management.
What you'll do:
- Manage/create/remove categories and collections on the website
- Manage product recommendation and personalization tools
- Ensure consistency of product SKUs and labels with ERP systems
- Align with the Online Brand Strategy plan and assist the dedicated teams on operational actions for acquisition, promotion, retention, communication, etc.
- Liaise with the purchasing team for new launches (in line with all stores)
- Liaise with the commercial team for new brands listing
- Manage the launch of products, including content request from brands and stock request from purchasing team
- Ensure all promotions are active online (including; discount promotions, GWP and PWP by country)
Merchandising on Site:
- Utilize sales and customer analytics to decide how products should be displayed online to maximize sales
- Guarantee optimum brand presentation in homepages, landing pages and product description
- Product assortment by best sellers, unsung heroes and new launches to optimize sales
- Filters and main menu navigation update
- Homepage banners and content update to guide customers to our current promotions, newness, product recommendations and best sellers
- Optimizing product pages including; product imagery, monitoring reviews, cross-sells/upsell and product page 'special offer' banners
- Optimize the catalogue to increase conversion rates
- Monitor stock levels to avoid out of stock issues during peak season
- Forecast and create stock replenishment for the purchasing team to action
- Analyze and manage the stock levels to reach sell through ratio KPIs
- Own the merchandising calendar - planning with marketing, content, social, email and seek to constantly optimize
- Work with purchase coordinators to ensure products used in marketing campaigns are online in time, share product links and work with content team to manage social media schedule based on arrivals
- Notify marketing/content team of new brand arrivals for photography so it's ready to launch with Brand online
- Work with CRM to determine email schedule, select relevant product
- Work with Finance to determine budgets and forecasting
- Liaise with concessions for uploads, seasonal updates and sale alignment
- Communicate Brand updates and website changes with the team
- Analyze and report on best sellers by week, month, country, categories and Brands
- Draft monthly reports to update brands on their current market shares and ranking against competitors
- Update monthly dashboard/CEO dashboard
- Generate forecasts and topline definition
- Analyse website performance, traffic, conversion and other KPIs across regions and countries
- Monitor google analytics on a daily basis to create actionable recommendations
- Process daily SMS to customers with pending orders to help minimize the cancelation rate
What you'll have:
- Must have strong merchandising experience in eCommerce retail, 4+ years
- Good product managment and liasion with wider teams
- Commercial awareness to drive conversion rates onsite
- Strong reporting expeirence and forecasting
- Ability to deliver pesentations and reports to senior staff
- Stellar communication
Job Segment: Merchandising, Retail Sales, Retail, Marketing
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.