Job description / Role
The job holder will be assigned responsibilities, as per requirements of the Legal & Corporate Governance Department.
Primary Responsibilities are:
• Generating Offer Letters as per Credit approval terms for Commercial/ Business Banking (SME) / Accounts – new facilities as well as renewal of lines. This includes verification of previous documents obtained and preparation of the required documents.
• Check the Compliance of Sanction terms (Facility Offer Letter and relevant documents.) within TAT.
• Ensure FOL and other documents executed by customer as per borrowing mandate in MOA / Trade License /Board Resolution /as per requirement.
• Checking if documents are in line with the approvals / Conditions Precedents are met and collaterals are valid.
• Review of facility record sheet and relevant documentation/collaterals that includes verification of previous documents.
• Ensure all borrowing documents are in line with the approvals / Conditions Precedents are met and collaterals are valid.
• Ensure all collateral are valid and enforceable and obtained as per the laws, regulations and internal policy and procedures.
• Collaterals and security agreements verification, lodgment, safekeeping and conduct periodic inspection of collateral.
• Performance of checking of the credit facilities agreements/offer letters /loan documentation to ensure that all requirements have been fulfilled and facility applications have been appropriately authorized by the designated personnel for Business units.
• Ensure pending documents with discrepancies are picked up and advised to business units by periodical reports.
• Revert to relationship team in case of any queries or documents are not executed properly.
• Return documents back to business team to complete the requirements via registered post and record reference number in the register.
• Ensure exceptions if any are approved by appropriate authorities with a target date for regularization.
• Tracking all conditions subsequent and deferrals obtained and inform credit control team to update exception register in case if any exception after ensuring exception is duly approved as per delegation.
• Provide instruction to limit input unit to load customer limits in the system/ or any other required action.
• Advice credit control unit to register collaterals and assets under Emirates Movable Collaterals Registry (EMCR)
• Scanning of signed documents in EDMS and ensure verified and perfected borrowing documents are forwarded for safekeeping.
• Handle the safe keeping of original documents under custody and scrutinize the scanning documents periodically.
• Handle the release of original borrowing documents as per approval /business request.
• Utilize APP4LEGAL software to track the progress of reviewing documents/collaterals & adhering to pre-determined turnaround time frames and accuracy level percentages.
• Preparation of Manager Cheque Requests.
• Contacting customers to set up land department appointments.
• Coordinate with Land department/trustee offices to execute mortgages. Ensure that the Mortgage documents are collected back and deposited for safekeeping.
• Processing mortgage release requests after obtaining approvals from sanctioning authority.
• Ensures that Bank’s lien is registered with respective authorities as per the statutory requirement.
• Identify and implement solution for legal issues in consultation with legal department and lawyers.
• Further responsibilities participate and contribute with other areas under Documentation team.
• Degree of Business/Finance /Higher Diploma/ Bachelor
• Experience in General Banking and Credit functions
• 4 years of banking experience in Credit control Unit /Documentation/Legal
• Sound credit knowledge/understanding of Credit Risks
• Written and spoken English & Arabic
• Confident decision maker
• Good report writing skills
• Analytical and problem solving
• Good understanding of the Banks’ systems, processes and Legal environments and documentation
• Sound knowledge on functioning of core system for Documentation and checking (APP4LEGAL, CRM, Phenix)
About the Company
In 1969, when we at Commercial Bank of Dubai started out little did we know that sheer grit and determination would get us where we are today. An Emiri Decree issued by His Highness the Late Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Al Maktoum, the founder of modern Dubai, laid the cornerstone of Commercial Bank of Dubai. We started out as a joint venture of Commerzbank, Chase Manhattan Bank and Commercial Bank of Kuwait. A minority stake was held by a few UAE businessmen.
By 1982, little more than a decade later, we evolved into a National Public Shareholding company. A feat complimented by an exponential increase in the capital base and mammoth restructuring of our operations. The feather in the cap came when the Government of Dubai became a key shareholder.
Over the decades, we have transformed ourselves into a progressive and modern banking institution. We are supported by a sturdy financial base and reigned by a strong and stable management. The proof of which lies with our customers who have stood by us over the years.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Associate Operations Manager
Industrial and Commercial Bank of China (ICBC)
Client Onboarding, KYC and Compliance Lead
SFM Corporate Services