Job description / Role
Senior eCommerce Buyer - LEVEL Shoes Chalhoub Group
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you'll be doing
LEVEL SHOES is a globally recognized leading Footwear and Lifestyle destination brand. Located in the heart of The Dubai Mall, the 96,000 squarefoot curated space is divided into 23 designer boutiques and five multibrand areas including 250+ GLOBAL BRANDS. In addition to a destination in Riyadh Park, Saudi Arabia, and beyond.
Our Ecommerce Buyer is responsible for selecting and merchandising brands and products that will be sold on Level Shoes’ online platforms. She/he will have a strong network within the luxury brand industry as well as a good familiarity with the eCommerce and Buying world.
Main responsibilities will include
• Represent Ecommerce through all aspects of the Buying process
• Drive the sourcing, development and selection of products in line with strategy and plan
• Drive online product strategy through partnership with the rest of the Buying team
• Cultivate effective partnerships with external brands that support long term goals
• Work with cross-functional partners to develop marketing content for Ecommerce products and categories
• Liaise with other departments communicating the orders, product information and brand awareness
• Work in tandem with planners, analyzing past sales figures and current trends
• Develop vendor reporting process to keep management up to date on vendor activities
• Analyze business performance and present strategic next steps to the leadership team
• Attend market meetings, shows or other vendor engagements as required
• Monitor the market and identify new trends and commercial opportunity for the business
• Prepare product and supporting information for product sign offs
• Develop an online merchandise strategy in collaboration with marketing team on seasonal products
• Work with eCommerce team to ensure proper flow of product to websites/App in support of the brand vision
• Manage a complex portfolio of brands
• Demonstrate creative drive & talent in planning, selecting & buying product.
• Utilize knowledge & expertise to bring in innovative new merchandise, new concepts & potentially exclusive product to attract new customers & grow sales.
• Subject matter expert on Ecommerce buying and filtering to all departments
What you'll need to succeed
• Minimum 3 years’ experience within an ecommerce specific buying role
• Solid experience in product selection, buying, inventory, vendor negotiating, and business writing
• Deep understanding of Ecommerce processes, retail planning, key performance metrics
• Excellent network within the luxury lifestyle brand industry
• Demonstrate advanced industry wide product knowledge, both regionally and internationally
• Strong understanding of fashion trends and online landscape
• Commercial knowledge and acumen
• Strong negotiation and analytical skills
• Ability to create, develop & execute ecommerce strategic initiatives
• Excellent communication skills; strong presenter to senior management
• Great attention to detail
• Team player
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.