Job description / Role
The job holder maintains contact with a variety of entities inside the airport including ATC, all other ANS departments, Aviation Units and Dubai Airports stakeholders, contractors and suppliers. A variety of work is also performed for operations managers, as well as internal and external project departments. The job holder signs off all work within his section as per well-established procedures.
The job holder provides operational leadership for the department with short term operational/ tactical responsibilities, and is required to manage multiple and/or conflicting activities. Makes decisions in situations that fall outside established guidelines or where the choice among options is less obvious.
• Provide supervisory and people management support to operations. Ensure that all equipment within his scope is operating correctly and inform the ATE Operations Manager of any anomalies. Prioritize, when necessary, attendance for break down faults ensuring that those faults effecting aviation safety are given top priority..
• Carry out preventive and corrective maintenance activities on ATE systems and equipment at DXB or DWC and attend to any faults that are beyond the capability of the shift technicians and engineers in accordance with published ATES procedures.
• Conduct work activities in a safe manner and in line with dans Safety and Quality Management Systems processes and procedures and appropriate GCAA civil aviation regulatory requirements.
• Mentor and assist in the development of shift personnel to enhance their knowledge and capability. Provide training and impart information to engineers and technicians where necessary. Conduct systems competency assessment and Deliver systems OJT for ATSEP within specialist areas.
• Develop and maintain documentation such as maintenance procedures, technical manuals, competency OJT scripts, competency oral assessment scripts and drawings for all of the systems within specialist areas.
• Review of project documentation including operational requirements, technical specifications, tender evaluations, FAT and SAT scripts and CDR documentation, future planning and system analysis for major projects, ensuring all projects are supported to be on time and within budget. Carry out or assist with equipment factory acceptance tests (FAT) both overseas and within country and equipment site acceptance tests (SAT).Carry out critical design reviews (CDR) both overseas and within country
• Assists management with development of SLA’s and hold responsibility for SLA performance with internal and external stakeholders such as Projects, Training, AIM, DXB and DWC operations, ATC, Dubai Airports, Movcon, Dnata and others customers as required.
• Responsible for configuration management (software, firmware and hardware) for the systems within specialist areas.
• Performs analysis of processes and assists in generation of KPI’s to ensure continued improvement. Maintain personal airport driving permit (ADP) & manoeuvring area driving license (MAD).
The post holder shall have as a minimum, a Bachelor Degree or Higher Diploma in Electronics Engineering from a recognized University, Training Establishment, or have equivalent and relevant experience.
• Minimum 6 years of ATE specialist experience.
• Minimum 1 year supervisory experience
• Relevant certificates of competency on ATE systems and equipment that meet international or national regulatory standards. All Level 2 competencies should be current.
• Hold an OJTI qualification or be prepared to gain this qualification.
• Up to date knowledge of GCAA Civil Aviation Regulations
• Knowledge of ICAO standards and recommended practices.
• Technical knowledge of Communications, Navigation, Radar, ATM and other Airport Systems
• Knowledge of ATC and other customer procedures
• Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
• Personal airport driving permit (ADP) & manoeuvring area driving license (MAD) relevant to the local airports
• Attention to detail
• Problem solving and decision making
• Excellent communication and Organisational skills
• Highly analytical thinking with demonstrated talent for identifying, scrutinizing, improving, and streamlining complex work processes
• The ability to read and interpret technical drawings and schematic diagrams
• An ability to work to tight deadlines and make correct decisions under pressure
• Computer literacy with MS office package skills
Additional / special features of the role
• Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
• Job holder works in a variety of conditions from air-conditioned office to open air environment subject to the work in hand. The physical effort expended by job holder is light to heavy in normal operating conditions. The hours of work are variable and may include H24 rosters, day shifts or overtime.
• Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
• To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
• Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
• Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
About the Company
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.