Job description / Role
• Due to an expansion of the Digital Unite, we are actively hiring Engineers, to handle various functions, the Senior Engineer Storage (NetApp) role would involve,
• Design and implement storage infrastructures for cloud requirements.
• Works as part of a delivery and operations team to develop technology architectures for storage infrastructures (physical and software defined) based on the client requirements.
• Creates High Level Designs (HLD), Low Level Designs (LLD), Project Activities and other technical documents to support design and implementation.
• Provides inputs to project plans (tasks, resources, and effort).
• Implement storage infrastructures, develops and execute system test plans (unit, integration, and performance), and supports user acceptance tests.
Required - Design and Implementation:
• Expert level knowledge with design and implementation of enterprise storage and backup solutions (EMC VNX, VMAX, ViPR, Data Domain, Avamar, Networker etc.).
• Proven skills in performing support, administration and performance management for EMC Storage and Backup Solutions (EMC VNX, VMAX, ViPR, Data Domain, Avamar, Networker etc.).
• Extensive experience with the design and implementation of backup and recovery solutions (EMC Avamar, Data Domain, and RecoverPoint).
• Deep technical knowledge of storage technologies including Common Internet File System (CIFS) and Network File System (NFS) and standard block protocols like Fibre Channel (FC) and Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI).
• Technical understanding of storage platforms to design and implement Disaster Recovery solutions, data protection and backup solutions, and enabling technologies like Vmware SRM, EMC PowerPath, Veritas Global Clustering etc.
Preferred - Design And Implementation
• Knowledge on NetAPP storage and Backup solutions.
• Experience in performing support, administration and performance management for NetApp® data storage controllers running the ONTAP® operating system in NFS and Windows® (CIFS) multiprotocol environments.
• Detailed knowledge of SnapMirror®, SnapRestore®, and SnapVault® technologies, which they use to manage and protect mission-critical data.
• B.S / B. Tech in Computer Science / Information Technology (or equivalent)
• Relevant IT Experience: 8+ years
• Storage Implementation: 6+ years
• Storage Engineering/Operations: 6+ years
• NetApp Certified Data Administrator, ONTAP
• ITILv3 Foundations or above
• EMC Certified Implementation Engineer
About the Company
Etisalat has been the telecommunications service provider in the UAE since 1976, and has built up a modern telecom infrastructure and established itself as an innovative and reliable operator.
Etisalat stands 140th among the Financial Times Top 500 Corporations in the world in terms of market capitalization, and is ranked by The Middle East magazine as the 6th largest company in the Middle East in terms of capitalization and revenues. The Corporation is the largest contributor outside the oil sector to development programmes of the UAE Federal Government, and is an award-winning socially responsible corporation. Etisalat has also won accolades from across the region for its nationalization programme.