Job description / Role
Responsible for the day to day technical operation of the utility billing department. This role shall be responsible for design review, installation supervision, troubleshooting, rectification and quality control of BTU metering and associated devices. Addressing customer complaints regarding billing and ensuring effective preventive maintenance regimes would be a key deliverable.
Duties & Responsibilities :
- Reviews, or coordinates the review of, utility (BTU /Chilled water) metering plans, specifications and related applications for compliance with applicable engineering codes, ordinances and regulations.
- Conducts or coordinates special engineering studies as assigned.
- Reviews engineering calculations; analyzes materials and data submitted for any new projects or retrofit projects.
- Prepares engineering reports and recommendations for presentation to superiors
- Organize and keep track of all the PPM’s and reactive works performed on the systems
- Coordinate with the building service providers on site as part of regular monitoring and supervision
- Supervise, train & mange the technical support team as in when required
- Maintain all the required departmental level and site level documentation.
- Investigate complaints, resolving problems, following management rules & regulations also liaise with building residents / Owners as in when required
- Ensure all operations are performed under safe practices and as per the guidance of the QHSE Team
- Ensure all legal and authority requirements are fulfilled in terms of building operation
- Ensure the accurate billing is done for all meters in assigned projects
- Plan & execute system upgrades or retrofit as in when required with all relevant due - diligence and reporting
- Perform site survey's for new locations and provide support for budgeting opex or capex costs
- Maintain relationships with meter manufacturers, system integrators, installers, etc.
- Ensure provision of cost effective and high quality solutions for utility billing
- Bachelors in Electronics & Instrumentation Engineering
- Experience in automation systems, BTU metering and exposure to HVAC systems and chilled water billing systems and processes.
- An effective communicator with excellent relationship building & interpersonal skills.
- Strong analytical, problem solving & organizational abilities. Possess a flexible & detail-oriented attitude
About the Company
SSA Ltd. (Sommerman Skinner Associates) find out the detail to allow you to make qualified judgments about your career and its progression. On the companies that we represent (over 2000 spread across a diverse spectrum of industry) we will be able to inform you of contracts pending, awarded, company growth, opportunity, relative reward and internal prospects. We believe that through spending time and effort front end through interviewing or individual dedication we can offer real advice that will be valued. Our founder is degree qualified with extensive exposure to industry and with a career also behind him in Recruitment Management. Our team is made up of qualified construction professionals. We specialise in both permanent and freelance opportunities to qualified construction professionals.
Disciplines covered include:
Site Engineers, Site Agents, Project Managers, Contracts Managers, Quantity Surveyors, Commercial Managers, Planners, Safety, Purchasers, Estimators and Design Executive.
Assistant Resident Engineer
|Abu Dhabi||22 Jan|
MEP Engineer - Buildings
Senior MEP Engineer - Data Center
Sommerman Skinner Associates (SSA Limited)
National Marine Dredging Company
|Abu Dhabi||19 Jan|