Job description / Role
INSPIRE | EXHILARATE | DELIGHT
For over six decades, Chalhoub Group has been a partner and creator of luxury experiences in the Middle East. The Group, in its endeavour to excel as a hybrid retailer, has reinforced its distribution and marketing services with a portfolio of eight owned brands and over 300 international brands in the luxury, beauty, fashion, and art de vivre categories. More recently, the Group expanded its expertise into new categories of luxury watches, jewellery, and eyewear.
Every step at Chalhoub Group is taken with the customer at heart. Be it constantly reinventing itself or focusing on innovation to provide luxury experiences at over 750+ experiential retail stores, online and through mobile apps, each touch point leads to delighting the customer.
Today, Chalhoub Group stands for 14,000 skilled and talented professionals across seven countries, whose cohesive efforts have resulted in the Group being ranked third in the Middle East and first in Saudi Arabia as a Great Place to Work®.
To keep the innovation journey going, the Group has set up "The Greenhouse", which is not just an innovation hub, but also an incubator space and accelerator for start-ups and small businesses in the region and internationally. This is just one of the several initiatives taken by the Group to reinvent itself, catalysed by forward thinking and future-proofing. The Group has also been embedding sustainability at the core of its business strategy with a clear commitment towards people, partners and the planet, and by being a member of the United Nations Global Compact Community and signatory of the Women's Empowerment Principles.
What you'll be doing
You, as a Fulfilment Center Manager will coordinate and supervise daily activities of the warehouse. Be responsible in overseeing the receiving, warehousing and shipping of products. Should manage teams of employees and deal with personnel issues such as recruitment, training and employee wellbeing. Ensure workplace health and safety requirements and targets / productivity is met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock. Your role will be pivotal in the overall management, control, organization, and direction of either Outbound or Inbound operational areas of your FC.
In their endeavor to excellence, the fundamental values all our employees must possess are Commitment, Integrity, Empathy and Flexibility
Planning & Organizing:
- Planning, Organizing and Controlling of Warehouse operations.
- Plan, delegate and review activities of Warehouse supervisors.
- Constantly plan out all warehouse resources and activities in relation to company objectives and targets.
- Audit of daily/weekly/monthly productivity reports and KPIs
- Review and validate all Inventory reports, Cycle count reports & Inventory adjustments requests in coordination with the Logistics Manager.
- Manage stock control, receipts, storage, retrievals and ensure the timely delivery of goods.
- Ensure all stock related activities and WMS driven.
- You'll aim to achieve productivity targets, reduce cost per unit, eliminate errors and ensure an excellent customer experience.
- Ensure all shifts are planned and operated in a correct manner
- Follow up & control daily absence and over time.
- Close analysis, promotion and identification of areas for improvement within company's Quality Management System as per ISO 9001 standards
Human Resources & Assets:
- Promote constant motivation among staff to strive for an efficient and effective warehouse administration
- Maintain staff requirements by recruiting, selecting, orienting and training employees.
- Maintain warehouse staff job results by coaching, counseling and disciplining employees
- Enhance subordinate's wellbeing and capability through training and give opportunities for promotion.
- Warehouse layout & space management as per ongoing workloads and requirements
- Assets maintenance and timely service of MHE and emergency equipment
- Maintain efficient housekeeping of warehouse and surrounding area.
Quality, Health & Safety and Environment:
- Strictly follow, develop and improve standard processes, procedures and work instructions. Also promote adherence to procedures by your staff.
- Report all incidents, of any nature and however caused, to their immediate superior completing all necessary documentation promptly and accurately.
- Always research to improve all warehouse operations according to company's objectives.
- Ensure that workplace health, safety & environment requirements as per ISO 45001 and ISO 14001 are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock.
Education: University degree or equivalent
Previous Experience: Minimum 10 years' experience in Warehouse or Distribution
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
We Invite All Applicants to Apply
It Takes Diversity Of Thought, Culture, Background, Differing Abilities and Perspectives to truly Inspire, Exhilarate and Delight our customers. At Chalhoub Group, we are committed to inclusion and diversity.
We welcome all applicants to apply and be part of our exciting future. We ensure equal opportunity for all our applicants without regard to gender, age, race, religion, national origin or disability status.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.