Job description / Role
Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Abu Dhabi, UAE
We require a dynamic and motivated Senior Geotechnical Engineer in our Abu Dhabi office. This is an excellent opportunity to take a senior role in our Middle East geotechnical team and work on some very exciting projects for prestigious Clients in the Emirate of Abu Dhabi and wider afield.
The ideal candidate should be experienced in the following:
• Excellent technical experience in engineering geological and geohazard investigations, particularly for civil engineering and major project purposes and across a wide range of ground engineering environments in the Middle East and Africa.
• Demonstrate a proven technical, commercial and project management track record.
•The candidate’s technical experience should range from terrain evaluation of large areas to the detailed investigation of specific sites. It should include (as a minimum) the assessment of ground conditions for projects and production of ground risk assessments.
• An ability to use engineering software would be an advantage, particularly GIS for mapping and 3-dimensional terrain and geological modelling.
• Experience in the following sectors would be advantageous: high-rise buildings, rail, highways & bridges, offshore facilities, nuclear facilities, onshore pipelines and oil and gas facilities, dams & reservoirs.
• Good interpersonal skills and the experience of developing and leading investigation and design teams.
• Good communication skills - able to liaise effectively at project manager and project director level and with clients. A sound knowledge of local practice and local authority requirements.
• Project management - Experience and understanding of the needs and approaches to the engineering consultancy and design markets, including relationships with clients, work planning and commercial management.
• Good report writing skills and the ability to self-check and to produce high quality and accurate work.
• Ability to demonstrate good people skills, flexibility and to have the ability to lead technical teams.
• A clear willingness and ability to travel on short assignments with ease and for specific projects around the Middle East region, Africa and Europe.
• Degree in geology or civil engineering with a second degree in engineering geology or geotechnical engineering.
• A minimum of 10 years’ experience is essential, with at least 5 years work experience in the Middle East
• A Chartered status or approaching chartered status with a recognized professional institution.
• Should have a UAE (or GCC/International) driving license.
About the Company
Parsons is a leader in many diverse markets such as infrastructure, transportation, water, telecommunications, aviation, commercial, environmental, planning, industrial manufacturing, education, healthcare, life sciences and homeland security.
Parsons provides technical and management solutions to federal, regional and local government agencies as well as private industries worldwide.