Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
The Senior Graphic Designer designs art and copy layouts for material to be presented by visual communications media such as books, TV, newspapers, and magazines. He/ she conceptualizes, creates, studies and prepares illustrations and photographs to plan presentations.
What you'll be doing:
- Visual Design
- Confer with client servicing regarding background, objectives, presentation approach and selection of media
- Meet clients or account managers to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job
- Interpret the client's business needs and develop a concept to suit their purpose
- Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts, choose the appropriate media, arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type to meet the client's objectives
- Develop design briefs by gathering information and data through research to clarify design issues
- Estimate the time required to complete the work and provide quotes for clients
- Present samples to the Art Director or client for selection and approval
- Use innovation to redefine a design brief and meet the constraints of cost, time and client
- Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with clients or the Art Director and making necessary changes
- Review and control final layout and suggests improvements as needed, and presents final layout to the art Director or client for approval
- Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for printer on paper, film, or disk
- Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using computer Software
- Develop graphics and layouts for product illustrations, company logos, and Internet websites
- Deliver work to client within specified budget and deadline
- Study illustrations and photographs to plan presentation of materials, products, or services
- Develop negatives and prints to produce layout photographs, using negative and print developing equipment and tools
- Produce still and animated graphics for on-air and taped portions of television news broadcasts, using electronic video equipment
- Use a wide range of media, including photography and computer aided design
- Keep abreast of developments in IT, particularly design programs
- Work and coordinate with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers, account executives, website designers and marketing specialists
- Determine document layout options, costs, timeframes, etc. on basic communication materials by interfacing with technical writers and information developers
- Proofread to produce accurate and high-quality work
- Receive print specifications and transfers source files from the publications group to the print vendor
- Translate abstract concepts into visual illustrations
- Prioritize, track, handle, and maintain records of the elements, costs, and time schedules of multiple projects
- Create finished layout, or prepares instructions for workers who assemble and prepare final layouts
- Maintain image resource files.
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognize the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.