Job description / Role
Who we are
We are a leading partner for luxury across the Middle East. With more than 600 stores, 300 brands and over 65 years of experience in the region, we have become a major player in the beauty, fashion and gift sectors, by offering service excellence to our partners and delighting all our customers. We are moving fast from a traditional distributor and retailer for luxury in the Middle East, to a hybrid retailer bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
To fuel the next stage of our growth we are looking to build a world class team. From physical retail through to supply chain and customer loyalty, we aim to use technology and data to continuously improve every aspect of our operations. We are looking for top talent to join us on this journey of exploring new horizons together.
What you will be doing
Our Senior Graphic Designer is responsible for leading the creative conceptualization, design and split execution all artwork and graphic content for various campaigns and collaterals utilised across all platforms.
• Meet team to discuss the business objectives and requirements of the job
• Create designs, concepts, and sample layouts based on knowledge of layout principles and aesthetic design concepts, choose the appropriate media, arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and select style and size of type to meet objectives
• Develop design briefs by gathering information and data through research to clarify design issues
• Conceptualizing visuals based on requirements
• Design information content for visual and audio communication, publication and display using print, film, electronic, digital and other forms of visual and audio media.
• Prepare illustrations or rough sketches of material, discussing them with the team and making necessary changes
• Review and control final layout and suggest improvements as needed, and present final layout to the requesting team for approval
• Mark up, paste, and assemble final layouts to prepare layouts for digital or physical file implementation
• Draw and print charts, graphs, illustrations, and other artwork, using software
• Create video text and motion videos for always-on online usage
• Develop graphics and layouts for online graphic campaigns (digital ads), illustrations, e-commerce, emailers, Social Media, PR invites, outdoor media, mobile applications, event decorations, and other relevant requirements
• Participate in social media and e-mail correspondence
• Use a wide range of media, including video programs, photography and computer aided design
• Work and coordinate with printers, copywriters, photographers, other designers, account executives, website designers and marketing specialists
• Proofread to produce accurate and high-quality work
• Translate abstract concepts into visual illustrations using translator
• Maintain image resource files
What you'll need to succeed
• A bilingual English and Arabic speaker is a must
• 5-7 years of luxury brand and / or agency experience
• Must be completely proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, iWork & Microsoft programs
• You have experience working in a eCommerce platform producing mostly digital content
• Must have experience leading a team of creatives, managing and collaborating on projects is essential and required
• Strong knowledge of video editing
• You have an eye for editing videos in a seamless and interesting way
• You come from a fashion or footwear background
• You have a portfolio ready to go and have put this in your application
What we can offer you
With us, you will turn your aspirations into reality. We will help shape your journey through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility. Our Group offers diverse career paths for those who are extraordinary, every day.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, child education contribution, remote and flexible working policies as well as exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.