Job description / Role
• The job holder is responsible to provide an engaging customer service experience and to promote Dubai as a visitor destination while ensuring the customer experience exceeds expectations in every way – every time. This is a Customer Service role which involves Escorting and Guided Touring, Crowd Control, Hosting and Lift Operations.
• Burj Khalifa Observatory is open 7 days a week and therefore the job holder will be working on swing shifts, 48 hours a week with one day or two days off (as the business dictates), as per instructions of the Supervisor Operations.
Customer Service Delivery & Recovery
• Receives guests in a professional and friendly manner, exceeding guest expectation from arrival through to departure.
• Provides first class guest service at all times responding to customer needs throughout all rostered aspects of At the Top – Burj Khalifa, including – Escorting and Guided Touring, Crowd Control, Hosting and Lift Operations.
• Adapts tours and hosting activities to meet the varied needs of a diverse range of At the Top Customers including first class visitors and VIPs
• Identifies and anticipates guests’ needs and requirements
• Handles all guest complaints and inquiries in a courteous and efficient manner, following through to ensure all customer needs are met and they feel valued
• Actively supports and follows company policy and guidelines at all times
• Reports to duty punctually and in accordance with the duty roster
• Adheres at all times to Grooming and Uniform Standards
• Ensures the delivery of company and department brand, vision, culture, and values through the provision of effective operational practices
• Maintains positive guest and colleague interactions in a professional working relationship
Innovation and Growth
• Completes training programmes for ongoing relevance and updates qualifications as necessary specifically in the areas Crowd Control, Guided Touring, Protocol Etiquettes, Product Knowledge, Hosting and Customer Service Recovery.
• Reports deficiencies that are found by reporting these to management and recommending solutions.
Product & Service Knowledge
• Displays excellent product knowledge as well as major landmarks, attractions, visitor activities of Dubai and proactively promotes and imparts this knowledge to At the Top – Burj Khalifa customers.
• Proactively promotes At the Top – Burj Khalifa and/or its other products and services to create up-sell opportunities and increase our brand awareness within Dubai and the world.
• Knowledgeable about happenings and activities in Dubai and its surroundings at all times
• Acts as an ambassador of the United Arab Emirates to promote the very best we have to offer as a tourist destination in-line with our relevant industry endorsements.
• Maintains a current working knowledge of At the Top – Burj Khalifa Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), Health & Safety Regulations, building Evacuation Procedures & Emergency Plans, regulations, and innovations affecting At the Top – Burj Khalifa operations.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• School completion certificate + 1 year certificate/Course/ Diploma degree Hospitality industry, Tourism and Travel or similar industry experience (advantage).
• Tertiary qualification in relevant discipline with 2 years experience in a customer care or any other customer facing position.
• Guiding or similar qualification would be advantage.
• Impromptu and/or public speaking.
• High level of competency in the English and other languages (Arabic, Spanish, French, Russian, Japanese, German, Chinese, Korean, etc.).
• Ability and willingness to work shifts as assigned.
• Physically fit and be able to be on feet for extended periods of time.
• First class people skills and the ability to communicate effectively across a multi-national, multi-cultural environment
• Sensitive to guest needs.
• Proactive to address and resolve issues
• Customer driven, courteous, helpful, proactive, dynamic and approachable character
• Emotional maturity and sensitivity in dealing with others
• Ability to work in a fast paced work environment
• Team player
About the Company
A leading construction company in the UAE.
Customer Service Representative for an Online Advertising Co
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Call Center Sales / Customer Service
Transguard Workforce Solutions
Green Gulf Careers
Customer Service Associate
Regus / IWG