Job description / Role
In this role, you will be responsible for:
HR Generalist support:
• Build own awareness of organisational policies, processes and practices, relevant legislation, employee relations policies and practices.
• Suggest new procedures and policies to continually improve efficiency of the HR department and organisation as a whole, and to improve the employee experience.
• Assist in administering benefits and compensation programs
• Contribute to the development and implementation of HR initiatives - events, communication, etc.
HR Administration & Reporting:
• Responsible for the activities of personnel administration, involving tracking and reporting hires, exits, new joiner onboarding & support, visa’s, and transfers.
• Maintain employee records in the Oracle Human Resources Information System (HRIS) and physical employee files, and ensure that the information is accurate and secure.
• Updating and maintaining employee benefits, employment status, and similar records.
• Performing file audits to ensure that all required employee documentation is collected and maintained.
• Managing employee leave records via an online leave management tool.
• Collaborate and work with the Finance team for generating purchase orders and timely payment for vendor invoices for HR activities and programs.
• Preparing salary certificates, NOC’s, payslip’s, and any other letters as per employee’s request.
• With guidance, provide relevant information, data and reports to support management decisions, meet legal obligations, or for external stakeholders.
• Responsible for payroll preparation activities across multiple countries and handling interface with 3rd party vendors to ensure that employees are paid accurately and on time.
• Creating monthly payroll vouchers and handling interface with Finance/Treasury/Banks.
• Performing payroll / benefit-related reconciliations
• Ensure that new hires and employee data changes are correctly entered into the payroll system.
• Provide guidance to employees on payroll, benefits, payslips and HR administration queries.
• Prepare paperwork, schedule, and facilitate a smooth new hire onboarding process, coordinating with cross-functional departments to deliver an exceptional first-day experience.
• Handle all administrative tasks for onboarding, new hire orientation, including entering data into HR information systems, and auditing for accuracy and compliance.
• Conducting the benefits enrollment process
• Coordinate with the Business Support team to arrange travel and accommodation for international hires and internal transfers.
• Liaise with line managers to prepare induction plans for new hires.
• Liaise with bank partners when required to help new employees open bank accounts.
• Be the go to person for all new employee questions.
• Immigration & Local legislation :
• Coordinate with the company PRO for quotas, new visa applications, and renewals.
• Support employees with the documentation for business visa’s.
• Ensure legal compliance of HR regulations and applicable employment laws, and update policies and/or procedures as required.
• Respond to enquiries from employees, managers, and external stakeholders (such as government departments or insurers) about individual and organisation-wide human resource information, without compromising the organisation's standards of privacy and confidentiality.
• Follow-up and/or proactively refer people to the appropriate resource.
• With guidance, inform and advise managers and employees about relevant legislation, employee relations policies, and practices.
• University degree or equivalent – Bachelor’s in Human Resources, Psychology, Personnel/Labor relations, or Law.
• Minimum of 2-3 years’ relevant UAE work experience with a strong track record in an HR Administration/HR Coordinator/HR Executive role in international and multi-cultural work environments.
• Solid organisational skills and attention to details.
• Proactive with a creative mindset.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, ethics, and cultural awareness.
• Resourceful, with a problem-solving attitude, and thorough knowledge of HR procedures and policies.
• Excellent oral and written proficiency in the English language; additional language skills will be an asset.
• Positive, enthusiastic, able to think outside the box, and willing to learn.
• A general understanding of local labor laws and regulations.
• Proficiency in using common PC applications and good MS PowerPoint & skills. Working knowledge of HRIS systems like Oracle Peoplesoft will be advantageous.
• Able to communicate clearly and concisely.
• Need to be a team player and comfortable with cultural diversity.
• Time management skills and ability to prioritize as per the team needs.
About the Company
A leading advertising agency in the UAE.
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Black & Grey HR
Swisslinx Middle East
HR Officer for a Leading Economic Group of Company
A Leading Recruitment Agency in UAE
Irwin & Dow
Senior HR Coordinator, Professional Services Multinational