Senior HSE Engineer
Abu Dhabi, UAE
Job description / Role
• Maintaining and updating the Factory HSE documents and ensuring that copies and amendments are distributed as required.
• Supports project management in achieving HSE goals as set for the project.
• Carry out analysis for all reported near misses, substandard practices, and substandard conditions to identify the trends, immediate and basic causes, and produce the required statistics.
• Review and analyze the observation to assess the risk and recommend control measures to the site management.
• Review and assess the risks over the factory and projects to update and revise the Risk Register as required.
• Advise the management to carry out the HSE program/ Training frequently to encourage for safe work practices in the workforce and implement the HSE policy.
• Participate in management meetings to highlight the HSE issues and recommend the accountable person for closeout.
• Prepare the Safety Tips and advice to share in the TBT meeting to be implementing health hygiene and Housekeeping at the site.
• Investigate all HSE incidents, including accidents, damages, environmental incidents, near-misses, and dangerous situations
• Maintain and control safety documents manuals, procedures, plans, and HSE guidelines and ensure all copies are up to date and are available for personnel at the worksites
• Record and review the HSE performances achieved in the factory
• Provide feedback to improve the implementation of the factory HSE Management System
• Following up on corrective actions raised from the inspections to ensure compliance with the requirements
• Monitors safety awareness and advises department heads on improvement programs
• Take reasonable care for their own health and safety.
• Take reasonable care for the health and safety of others who may be affected by their acts or omissions
• Cooperate with anything the employer does to comply with OHS requirements.
• Not 'intentionally or recklessly interfere with or misuse anything provided at the workplace for OHS.
• Comply with and work according to the HSE Requirements.
• Communicate and consult with NMDC Group Company HSE Supt.
• Interact with legal bodies & authorities for OSH matters
Key Results of the candidate.
• The Sr. HSE Engineer is responsible for developing and implementing organizational safety programs by reviewing and updating institutional HSE policies and conducting risk assessments to detect potential hazards and plan precautionary measures.
Required Education & Certification.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering or B Tech or BSC in Health & Safety or NVQ Level 6 Qualification
• Minimum qualification NEBOSH IGC, or similar.
• OSHAD – SF-approved OSH Practitioner
• Grad IOSH or CSP Member preferable
About the Company
Emarat Europe- Fast building Technology Systems factory consists primarily of two plants hollow core and pre-cast with two batching plants each for these two major plants. The plants capacity in terms of daily production is 1000 m² and 800 m² respectively for hollow core and pre-cast plants. The factory is located in Abu Dhabi Industrial City, New Sanaia, Mussafah.
Emarat Europe, a company started its journey in the precast industry in 2006, is committed to take strides to become industrial leader in the arena of fast changing precast technology systems by embarking on modern and sophisticated technology.
State-of-the-art European technology is employed in the manufacture of pre-stressed and pre-cast concrete products. Our two plants pre-cast and batching plants are based on German technology and are installed, tested and commissioned respectively by renowned German companies EBAWE Anlagentechnik and WIGGERT + Co. Hollow core plant is taken from reputable Belgium based company ECHO Engineering N.V.