Job description / Role
Senior Human Resources Manager - MENA
Responsible for leading the MENA HR function for our consultancy business, based in our Dubai head office. The MENA regional HR manager will ensure the effective delivery of HR services and operations throughout the MENA business units.
Reporting to the HR Operations Director for international, you will work with the regional business unit leadership teams as well as other functions within the local and Group HR. On an operational basis you will provide hands on HR input to the development and execution of the business plans and ensuring a successful and compliant businesses and service offering
Your responsibilities will include:
• Providing line management responsibility for the HR and PRO staff across multiple business units.
• Supporting the MENA region in applying and conforming to Mace group policies.
• Developing where required and managing implementation of people management policies and processes in line with group requirements.
• Working with leadership teams, ensuring consistent delivery of the HR function across all business areas.
• Reporting and evaluating people data to identify trends and issues which inform priorities and plans linked to the 2022 group business plan.
• Ensuring the business unit directors and leadership teams to focus on performance management, ER, engagement and retention activities.
• Directing on HR issues as part of mobilising in new locations for projects.
• Managing monthly payroll process, liaising and working closely with regional finance teams.
• Working closely with the recruitment team to facilitate resource requirements across the region.
• Taking an active role in demobilisation of projects and subsequent resource management.
• Supporting the delivery of and contribute to the content of appropriate training and development programmes, working closely with colleagues in the talent and development team.
• Engaging fully with and utilising human resources processes for team development, career planning and performance management.
• Providing input on the HR implications of strategy linked to business plans.
• Working on HR projects in all business areas, as required and directed by the group human resources director and HR business plan.
Your experience, knowledge and skills need to include:
• Proven track record of managing daily HR operations for a large multi-national organisation.
• Proven experience in effectively managing an HR team and function.
• Involvement in mobilisation and demobilisation of projects across the MENA region and early identification and advice on associated risks to the business.
• Working with leadership teams to ensure effective delivery of talent, succession and resource management plans.
• Being a lead and managing change and able to deal effectively with personal change.
• Good understanding of visa requirements and employment law in countries across the GCC.
• Background in payroll and financial management.
• Sound financial acumen.
• Ability to make decisions which impact on the HR function but also advise and guide the business and leadership team on best practice and market trends.
• Ability to build resourcing and retention plans with support from recruitment team and business unit leaders
• Ability to prioritise and deliver at pace.
• Ability to work independently and or with limited support.
• Strong stakeholder management skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills which are utilised to influence stakeholders.
• Proficiency in IT systems including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Power-BI and Oracle.
• Coaching and mentoring skills.
• A degree or post grad qualification in a relevant HR subject or discipline.
• With professional memberships.
• Full membership of CIPD would be an advantage.
About the Company
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company that has delivered world class projects since 1990. Today we employ over 6,000 people across five global hubs in Europe, Middle East North Africa and India, North America, Asia Pacific and Sub-Saharan Africa.
Four simple values guide our behaviour in our pursuit of a better way; Safety first - going home safe and well, Client focus - deliver on our promise, Create opportunity - for our people to excel, Integrity - always doing the right thing. We aim to attract the best and brightest people, whatever their background, to bring new perspectives to some of the most complex and inspiring projects around the world.
We support our people who are aiming to achieve an academic or professional qualification that will help them develop personally and deliver to the highest standard for our clients. At Mace you can deepen your knowledge, expand your skills and define your own path.
Swisslinx Middle East
|Abu Dhabi||24 Oct|
Human Resources Executive
A Government Entity in the Emirate of Ras Al Khaimah
|Ras Al Khaimah||16 Oct|
HR Operations Specialist