Job description / Role
• Responsible for creating and leading design concepts through creative thought processes focused on user experience, materiality and sustainable approaches, and represents the company’s standard quality of design.
• Demonstrate design and technical aptitude, with developing design and technical confidence.
• Present design solutions to the client.
• Lead the selection of FF&E and production of interior specifications.
• Contribute to and manage the preparation of mood boards, material & finish selections and presentation material.
• Maintain constant professional communications with client, project team, and consultants
• Have a project focused view, across multiple projects.
• Demonstrate knowledge of industry wide furniture & design suppliers, able to lead procurement and client selection discussions.
• Have responsibilities for managing teams with specific roles, areas or packages within projects.
• Work within an agreed scope and deliver complete packages of work to deadline.
• Develop design work in close coordination with other members of the team.
• Implement designs, contracts and strategic decisions reporting to the project lead.
• Lead the delivery of projects at different stages.
• Manage all aspects associated with projects including proposals, exhibits, contracts, project budget, and profitability
• 5 - 7 years’ experience on the same role
• Degree in Interior Design or related internationally recognised degree
• Strong space planning skills and attention to detail.
• Commercial Workplace experience – offices, retails, restaurants
• Exceptional design thinking skills.
• Adobe Suite AutoCAD skills are essential.
• Graphic Software: InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Rhino and Revit
• Possess excellent communication and presentation skills.
Skills and Abilities required:
Effective communication skills:
• Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Ability to read and interpret information.
• Able to assume a role of authority, as necessary; sets an example for co-workers; delegates responsibility and empowers associates to make decisions and take personal accountability for decisions.
High accuracy and attention to detail:
• Able to perform work and job function with precision and accuracy; carefully monitors processes; concentrates on details, organizes and maintains a system of records.
• Develops strategies to achieve organizational goals
• Understands organization’s strengths and weaknesses
• Adapts strategy to changing conditions.
• Generates creative solutions; translates concepts and information into images; collaborate with others to modify design; applies design principles.
• Possesses a sense of ownership in all deliverables.
• Utilizes knowledge and opportunity to continually strive for excellence within an empowering culture.
• Collaborates and supports fellow employee owners in ongoing improvements. Understands personal accountability within their role in the company.
About the Company
Mustard and Linen provide a complete design consultancy service for hospitality, residential, commercial & exhibition projects. We are specialised in creating a brand from scratch.
First, we listen, then we create.
We deliver a project by ensuring that all the phases are perfectly achieved, and assist you with the realisation of the project by working closely with the assigned contractor.