Job description / Role
• Perform or assist in performing evaluation of significant risks & controls and ensuring comprehensive audit coverage for all activities under review including compliance with prescribed policies & procedures and relevant laws & regulations.
• Assist in planning the scope of audit.
• Assist in determining the auditing procedures to be used, including statistical sampling and the use of electronic data processing tools.
• Identify and evaluate the key control points.
• Evaluate or assist in evaluating system’s effectiveness through application of knowledge of business systems, including financial, manufacturing, engineering, procurement, sales, other operations and support functions.
• Perform audit in a professional manner and in accordance with established guidelines.
• Obtain, analyze, and appraise evidentiary data as a basis for an informed, objective opinion on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency of performance of the activities being reviewed.
• Prepare or assist in preparing issue summary, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency with which activities are carried out.
• Discuss with process owners during and at the conclusion of the examination, deficiencies and corrective action / improvements.
• Assist in preparing formal reports, expressing opinions on the adequacy and effectiveness of the system and the efficiency with which activities are carried out.
• Appraise or assist in appraising, the adequacy of the corrective action taken to improve deficient conditions.
• Guide and manage subordinates in performing audits and other assignments.
• Perform any other duties assigned by direct Manager.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting / Finance / Business Management
• Relevant professional qualification is preferred (CA/CPA/ACCA/CIA)
• Qualified professional with 2 years audit experience
• Good command of written and oral English. Arabic knowledge is an added advantage
• Working knowledge of MS Office
• Strong interpersonal skills and communication skills
About the Company
Dubai Investments PJSC is a leading investment company listed on the Dubai Financial Market with over 19,800 shareholders and a paid-up capital of AED 4 billion. Incorporated in 1995, Dubai Investments PJSC is a world-class company that targets investments in viable and profitable entities. The Company has grown exponentially with investments in a number of businesses across sectors - real estate, manufacturing & industrial, healthcare, education and financial investments across the UAE and the Middle East.
Dubai Investments portfolio includes 40 subsidiaries & joint ventures across a wide array of industries. Since its inception, Dubai Investments has challenged the norms and introduced cutting-edge technologies, pioneering business models, unique investment strategies and innovative concepts across its diversified portfolio spanning different sectors and markets.
Setting an example of strong, sustainable growth, Dubai Investments aims to continue its journey towards enhancing the commercial and trade interests of the UAE as it continues to seek investment opportunities in new sectors, locally and internationally, as part of its strategic expansion plans.
Dubai Investments' core operating principles are to achieve attractive returns from investing in healthy businesses with high growth potential; to achieve shareholder satisfaction through a commitment to total quality, to leverage the opportunities offered by new technology; and to be a good corporate citizen, with clearly defined value proposition, including:
- Accountability & Ownership
- Work Excellence
- Human Capital Asset
Get personalised updates on latest vacancies
Irwin & Dow