Job description / Role
We are Chalhoub Group, a leading family business in the world of beauty, fashion and gifts. We have blended our Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury to offer service excellence to all our partners and a unique experience to all our customers for over 60 years
As we continue to grow, it's our vision to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of customers everywhere.
Our passionate teams drive our vision forward, without them, we couldn't create luxury experiences for our customers. Through opportunities, development and support, we empower each and every employee to achieve their career goals - and beyond. It's an exciting journey we're on, and one you could be part of.
We are currently seeking an IT Business Relationship Manager for our own concept, responsible for leading the effort to understand the business needs of Chalhoub's Retail customer groups and identify how to best meet those needs through information technology solutions. This includes partnering with our brands to understand their Business Strategy, define the technology and capability roadmap that would enable the strategy. The Business Relationship Manager will shape the demand, manage the pipeline and act as the key strategic partner with IT teams (Enterprise Architecture, PMO) to evaluate and qualify potential specific technology solutions.
You are the single point of focus for all strategic IT demand from the Retail business group and will act as the strategic partner of senior Chalhoub leadership including the Managing Director and C-suite levels.
What you'll be doing:
Our Business Relationship Managers will have a significant input in shaping Chalhoub's IT strategy and planning by providing the required leadership to support the development of the IT relevance across the Group.
This includes but not limited to:
- Analyzing business strategies and determining impact and implications for IT, and ensuring alignment of the IT portfolio with the business strategies
- Lead effort to work with Retail businesses to identify strategic business requirements in the form of a capability roadmap
- Owning and managing the strategic IT communication with our strategic partners
- Manage expectations towards customer satisfaction
- Participating and leading in workshops with the business groups to shape future requirements
- Liaising with IT Teams to identify potential solutions to meet the business needs
- Overseeing the development of high-level feasibility studies of potential solutions and tracking proposals across the demand lifecycle
- Helps evaluate IT project objectives and analyzes new business initiatives
- Lead effort to analyze and research new and existing products, technology innovations, process improvements that will bring value to Chalhoub's systems.
- Works with other Chalhoub IT Relationship Managers to identify common activities and/or synergies across IT and the Organization
- Works with the PMO and business leadership to prioritize the portfolio of IT programs and projects across Retail business
- Assist the CIO in developing long term IT strategies, visions and plans
- Management of the overall IT-Business Value Portfolio
What you need to succeed in this role:
- >10 years in Retail industry on digital / technology / Architecture
- Strong facilitation and collaboration experience, coordinating across other Heads of functions to create an overall IT Portfolio
- Significant experience of developing managing and prioritizing conflicting business demand and matching it to limited resources
- Strong leadership skills and a clear track record of delivering outstanding performance.
- Significant direct experience of people management - candidates are likely to be operating at a senior level in current roles
- Developing senior relationships - tangible experience of developing senior relationships both internally and externally with external service providers, other business leaders and stakeholders.
- Report and manage expectations at corporate level - upward as well as downward and sideways; influencing skills will be an important attribute of this position - this will require an ability to work well alongside other senior level managers. An ability to work effectively in a matrix organization is essential.
- Strong experience in the retail industry and of key business processes (Retail, Distribution, Warehousing, Merchandising)
- Preferably experienced with Oracle Retail solutions
- Good knowledge of general leading software for Retail industry
- Education Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- CBRM preferred
- Excellent communication / facilitation skills
- Agile Mindset
- Can do Attitude
- Love team work and collaboration
- Technology enthusiastic
Ready to join our exciting transformation to become a hybrid retailer, bringing luxury experiences to the fingertips of our customers everywhere? Now's your chance. By being part of our journey here at Chalhoub Group, you can make a real impact on customers and some of the finest brands in the world. In return, you'll have everything you need to innovate your career.
What we can offer you
We will help shape your journey with us through enriching experiences, learning and development opportunities and exposure to different assignments within your role or through internal mobility.
Our Group offers the opportunity to support careers that may span different teams, different job roles, different categories and even different countries. We offer diverse career paths for those who show drive and passion as well as the desire to learn and grow.
We recognise the value that you bring, and we strive to provide a competitive benefits package which includes health care, life insurance, child education contribution & exclusive employee discounts.
About the Company
The Chalhoub Group is the leading partner for luxury across the Middle East since 1955. As an expert in retail, distribution and marketing services based in Dubai, the group has become a major player in the fashion, beauty and gift sectors regionally.
By blending its Middle East expertise and intimate knowledge of luxury, Chalhoub Group is building brands in the region, by offering service excellence to all its partners and a unique experience to its customers through its passionate teams.
With a growing workforce of more than 9,000 people, implemented in 14 countries, as well as the operating of over 470 retail outlets, the group's success is attributed to its most valued asset of highly skilled and dedicated teams. Professionalism and passion are what fuel the Chalhoub Group's competitive edge in today's market.
By being committed to implementing sustainable practices into their business, the Chalhoub Group has been awarded in 2013 the CSR Label from the Dubai Chamber of Commerce.