Job description / Role
We are urgently looking for a Senior Legal Associate – Banking and Finance for an international law firm in Dubai, working on a range of Conventional Finance, Islamic Finance and Project Finance transactions. In this role, you will be expected to provide advisory to their major bank clients, finance providers, export credit agencies, corporate and sovereign entities and other participants in the global banking and finance arena. You will also be involved in providing advise across the full spectrum of legal banking and finance matters, including other banking and finance issues for issuers, underwriters, borrowers and lenders, as well as for our leadership in complex, cross-border banking and finance transactions for some of the world’s most prominent financial institutions and corporations.
To be considered for this role, the successful candidate should have an excellent academic background and strong banking and finance experience from a top-tier law firm and plus meeting the following criteria:
• 6 to 9 years of general banking experience.
• Knowledge of the local and regional markets would also be an advantage.
• English law qualified, or qualified in another Commonwealth jurisdiction, preferably with experience of working in a major financial center.
• Demonstrate intellectual rigor – the ability to analyze, think laterally and proffer solutions quickly
• Strong drafting skills
• Demonstrate an aptitude for dealing with complex and intricate transactions involving multiple jurisdictions and that require a more creative approach
• Communicate effectively on both a practical and intellectual level and be an active listener
• Have an interest in, and an aptitude for, developing the firm’s business, and a willingness to assist in the development of client relationships through meetings, presentations, producing know-how and other business development initiatives.
About the Company
Black Pearl is a progressive, dynamic and well structured HR solution provider that offers permanent recruitment services, HR consultancy, psychometric assessments, coaching and also professional training services for clients from different corporate sectors in the Middle East.
Like a rare and unique black pearl, we consider our partnership with our clients and job seekers as a fine, precious and valuable encounter that needs to be affirmed, developed and supported with a strong commitment to deliver not only the right services but the best in the industry.
Our aim is to meet and exceed the expectations of our clients, strategically offering Black Pearl services that are customized to the unique requirements of our clients and job seekers alike, resulting in effectively achieving goals and all that is required in this ever evolving and competitive market.